6: Why Is There This Weird Emo Hobbit Child In Our House?

When Dan woke up and didn't immediately recognise his surroundings, his first thought was that he'd been abducted by aliens, and then when he realised that it was unlikely aliens would abduct him into a bedroom, that he'd been kidnapped, and then finally, as he caught sight of black hair and blue eyes beside him: Phil.

Phil's house.

Which was certainly a better alternative to abduction or kidnapping.

Honestly, being at Phil's house was a better alternative to the entirety of Dan's house, but there was just the question of him not being quite able to recall just why he was here and even what fucking day it was.

Phil soon noticed Dan's eyes opening and him stirring a little. "You fell asleep." He told him with a smile, putting his laptop lid down and placing it on the bed beside him. Phil was sat up on his laptop with his back against the wall, beside Dan's feet, who suddenly felt incredibly self-conscious and guilty for falling asleep in someone else's bed and then sprawling out across its entirety, as to condemn them to sit awkwardly in the corner.

"S-sorry." He blushed, running a hand back through his hair and immediately having some form of heart attack as he came to realise that it had grown curly in his sleep, and fuck, Phil could see, and fuck, Phil was just looking. Phil was just looking at him, and Dan was dying - what do you mean that isn't a normal human response to Phil Lester looking at you?

"Your hair's fine." Phil told him, narrowing his eyes a little, and only then did Dan sit up and really wake up enough to make note of the glasses Phil was wearing.

"I didn't know... you-" He gestured awkwardly to Phil's face, and the older boy, thankfully, got the general idea of what Dan's still half asleep brain was attempting to say.

"Yeah, I wear contacts usually, I mean I just took them out overnight-"

"Overnight!?" Dan exclaimed, his eyes widening in disbelief as he attempted to process the fact that he just slept overnight in Phil Lester's bed, and oh god, his mum was going to crucify him.

"Yeah, you shouldn't do all-nighters - you were really tired, and I just wanted to let you sleep. It isn't a problem, don't worry about it. It's like seven am now, by the way, and it's Saturday, incase you'd forgotten so there's no need to worry about school-"

"What about my mum?" Dan exclaimed, his eyes widening in disbelief, "she's going to think I've been murdered-"

"Oh, yeah, she called you last night, and I'm sorry if, but I tried to wake you at first, but you wouldn't wake up, so I just answered it, and I just told her that I was your friend, Phil, which is true, and that you were at mine and you fell asleep and I didn't want to wake you up because you didn't get any sleep last night, which is true-"

"And my mum was just fine with that?" Dan was practically yelling at this point: genuinely wondering if Phil had been talking to the right woman here.

"Yeah," Phil nodded, "she said I 'sounded nice' so it was okay."

Dan sat there dumbfounded for a few moments, before the realisation came like a bag of bricks to the face, "oh fuck, yeah... she's probably over the fucking moon that I've made a friend." He groaned, lying back down and burying his face in Phil's pillow. "Fuck, she didn't like do anything embarrassing like recount my birth to you in great detail over the phone or something?" He asked.

"No," Phil laughed a little, shaking his head, "I think I might have hung up if she did that."

"I don't blame you." Dan groaned, sitting back up again and glancing across at Phil, and suddenly taking note of the fact that he was wearing pajamas, which was, of course, so undeniably Phil, "wait, so did you- where did you sleep- you should have just kicked me out, I'm serious, I-"