Chapter 19

Jule kept glancing at Ace as they passed the hallways of the kingdom, he was silent. They had walked on the fourth grand staircase, and still weren't in the throne room. Ramus, Ace's father, was too silent. It was too awkward for Jule to handle.

She felt this urge to say something, but knew she couldn't. Not right now, but still...

"Ramus, right?"

Ace looked at her, shaking his head. Jule ignored it, she would go crazy with the awkward silence. Ramus turned his head around, frowning at Jule before looking forward again. "Yes. What can I do for you, young lady?"

"I was wondering. How does the enchantresses look like?"

Jule saw Ramus' back visibly tense. "There is only one enchantress. Roia, and she is beautiful."

"What?!"

She looked over Ace's way. He finally said something, but it obviously wasn't for a good cause. Ramus stopped walking, and turned around. He stared at Ace with a stern look, silently demanding him to do something. Jule didn't know what, but didn't see what was the problem in the first place. Ace circulated his gaze over his father's face, and immediately bent his down as if he were ashamed. Jule frowned, she get this at all.

Ace's voice was quiet, yet bitter. "I'm sorry father, raising my voice was out of turn."

Jule then glared, she honestly didn't see how that was a problem. Ace was shocked, and now he has to apologize. Jule wanted to tell Ramus off, but he was Ace's father. She couldn't do anything she would probably regret afterwards. Ramus nodded, turned to walk again.

"Enchantress, Lide and Bria are deceased. They were slaughtered by Zena, so it is left for Roia to protect this realm."

Ace had widened his eyes, seeming to very stunned. "Zena managed to accomplish such a thing?"

"Who's Zena?" Jule blurted.

"Yes," Ramus answered Ace, "she did so and continues to live."

Jule raised her eyebrows. What?

Ace now had his mouth widened. "Impossible."

Ramus nodded. "Indeed."

Jule glared, what she didn't get was exactly why she was ignored. The fact that they were talking to each other so freely was great, but it was all because of her. She looked at Ace, expecting him to follow her gaze and answer her question. He didn't.

"What pain Roia must be feeling."

Are you kidding me? Ramus began to speak, but Jule cut him off. "Who is Zena?!"

Ramus stopped walking, and turned around to stare at Jule sternly. The same look he gave Ace, expecting for Jule to the same.

Jule kept her glare. "Turned around to answer my question?"

Ramus glared, turned around, and was silent. Jule shrugged her shoulders, she wouldn't say sorry for such a mere thing. They were the ones that were wrong ignoring her. She looked at Ace with a false smile, hoping for him to answer her question. "Ace?"

Ace shook his head slowly at her, and she rolled her eyes. She mouthed for him to tell her, and he sighed. "Zena is a witch, and she serves the Overlord."

"Overlord?"

"Someone you do not want to get involved with. He is a madman obsessed with power, and will to do anything to conquer what he wants. He is a sorcerer, his minions are goblins and other vile creatures. Beside him, he keeps ruthless hounds by his side. As a child, I was terrified of just the sound of his name. But when I saw him this one time in the castle," Ace ended the sentence with a shiver.