Chapter One

Since I can remember I've always wanted to be just like all the other kids around town. Mom and Dad started homeschooling me after preschool. I think they thought it was a necessary feat considering how much a little kid would be willing to talk.

I know I may only be ten years old, but I think with everything that's happened I'm pretty mature. Yet I'm so dumb all at the same time. I have no schooling and the reason I know letters is because I steal from the neighbors trash. They have a daughter the same age, and the constantly throw away her old assignments. I was able to trace the alphabet letters in cursive, mom and dad still haven't found it and I pray every night they wont or I'll get a 'Try' with a beating.

Since growing up in this hell hole, I've tried to stop them. When I learned I could fight back, they got smart and started feeding me less and less so I was alive enough to take everything they did to me but too weak to fight.

It's mid afternoon, and I'm hiding in my closet hoping that today will be a quite day with no beatings or touching. I sit in the dark and trace letters over and over on my piece of paper, with the only light coming from the bottom of the door. It seems the older I get the more my parents reveal to me about why they made me. Yesterday on one of my mothers drunkin rampages she decided to inform me that the only reason they ever decided to have a kid was for their own pleasure, and to get money by letting others handle me. The news brought a whole new meaning as to what my future had in hold for me. So starting last night I decided that no matter what I will try and get away from the terrible terrible place. Sometimes my next door neighbor Winnie leaves little packages of food like chips or my favorite fruit gummies. I'm not quite sure when she noticed me, but I'm grateful she hasn't said anything. I fear that if my parents legitimately thought they were going to get caught they'd try and sell me or kill me.

Today though has been quite, and I'm not sure if I should be scared or relieved.

"JUSTIN!" , I hear my mother yell

I scoot further into the closet so my back rest against the wall.

"please go away, please go away" I repeat over and over in my mind willing myself to be anywhere but here.

"If I have to search for you, you little shit I am going to beat the shit out of you!"

Like she wouldn't do that anyway....

"Martha grab the fucking kid and get down here, their waiting!" , my father yells from somewhere in the house.

"I'm trying! The little shits hiding. Come out Justin, Now." I here her step into the room, her heavy breathing making it easy to make out where she is.

she comes toward the closet, and I hold my breath waiting for the inventible. The closet doors slams open lighting my darkness.

"Gotcha", she reaches down and grabs me by my hair to drags me out.

"AHHH!" I scream out in pain

"Little shit, we have people downstairs who paid for a little boy, and your up here trying to play hide and seek," She leans down and whispers in my ear, "We'll play later, don't you worry."

I shake from fear from what's to come now and later. She drags me down the hallway into the family room where three heavy set well dressed men sit. The blinds are all shut with the curtains pulled closed. Mother pushes me into the middle of the room,

"Enjoy gentleman" she says before turning and hitting play on the stereo, and walking out of the room.

I'm still looking at where I last saw here before I turn and look at the three men sitting and looking at me already having their hands ready for the pants to be released.

And all I feel is dread

Numbness

Fear. Fear that this is what the rest of my life will be like.