twelve

the continuous knocking is bugging the shit out of me. i try to cover my ears with my pillow, but it just won't stop. being fed up, i get off of my bed and stomp to my front door, swinging it open.

"thank god you're okay." jack breathes. "you didn't answer any of my text messages."

"who are you?" i narrow my eyes at him.

"ha, ha, you're so funny. can't we talk, please?"

"after i get your name." i say.

"come on, kendall. don't do this. not now." he pleads.

i roll my eyes and cease his begging, "don't you have a girlfriend to be with?" i snap.

"she's not my girlfriend." he whines. "not anymore."

"oh, my bad." i scoff, walking away from the door.

"kendall, can you please just listen to me? at least i told you the truth." jack's voice raises a bit.

i stomp towards the bathroom, "no."

"where are you going?" he grunts, grabbing my wrist and tugging me back towards his chest.

"i was going into the bathroom until you rudely touched me." i snap.

"just listen to me." he begs, his right hand coming up to caress my cheek, making me look him in the damn eyes. "i don't feel anything for her." he emphasizes. "if i did, do you really think i'd be trying this hard just for you?"

my eyebrows pull together and i open my mouth to say something. before i can actually speak, jack's mouth swoops down to mine, taking me by surprise. his left hand gripping my hip, holding me in place.

our lips make a smacking sound as they disconnect and he moves down my jaw and neck. placing tender kisses in specific spots, making my stomach erupt with those cliche butterflies.

"i just want you." he whispers into my ear.

i put my arm on his bicep, "jack," i start and he lifts his head up to look at me. "if you want anything between us to work, you can't act like you both are dating just for publicity." i state.

i'm not gonna have one of those confidential relationships. he lets out a deep sigh and i step back. jack's eyebrows lower as he starts to look hurt from my actions.

"okay, i will." he tells me and my heart starts to pump faster.

"really?" i ask, just above a whisper.

"yes, for you." he nods his head, pulling my waist towards him once again.

he kisses the tip of my nose before kissing me on the lips once again.

our happily ever after might just become true again.

"kendall!" i hear an obnoxious voice, making me pry open my eyelids.

i sit up almost instantly. holy fuck. that was just a dream. oh how badly i wanted it to be real.

"travis, wh- what are you doing here?" i ask, rubbing my eyes with my knuckles.

"just wanted to stop by. i miss you."

then i realize that he was the one who pretty much insulted me before, but then again, he said he didn't mean it in that way.

"i wanted to cuddle." travis tells me, crawling into bed next to me and protectively wrapping his arms around me.

"did you lock the doors?" i ask and he hums in response.

"i also wanted to apologize to you. i'm sorry for being a dick the other day." he says and i can't see his expression because we're in the dark.

damn, maybe i should have gotten my spare key back from him. i'm starting to have mixed emotions. feelings for travis and feelings for jack. i can't like two guys at once.

"you should've just called. i was sleeping." i groan.

"if you didn't know, it's only 11:30." he whispers and i sit up in my bed.

"what?" i ask. "i thought it was like four in the morning."

"i was wondering why you were in bed so early."

i raise my eyebrows at his words for a short moment before getting up from the bed and turning on the light.

"so, wanna go out somewhere or something?" he nervously asks and i look down at my outfit.

running shorts, a tank top and my hair is in a bun. i shake my head. not looking like this. who knows who'd i run into right now.

"c'mon. you don't look that bad." travis tells me. "i'll wait for you to get ready."

"where would we even go?" i rub my eyes and stretch.

"wherever you want you." he replies.

i yawn and nod my head. i hold up my index finger, signaling him to give me a moment. i then go into the bathroom. i can't even remember what time i went to sleep. must've been super early if it's only eleven.

i wash my face, brush my teeth- though i don't know if that's necessary- and rush out my hair. walking out of the bathroom, i enter my closet right away to find an outfit. leather leggings, a cropped white v-neck, and black heels. i wear high heels with everything.

"didn't know we were going somewhere that fancy." travis emphasizes, scanning my outfit.

"i dress like this all of the time." i mutter.

a smile crawls onto his face, "i know. i'm just playing."

"figure out where we should go, yet?" i ask, brushing on mascara and contouring my face.

"dave & busters?" he asks back, rummaging through my lipstick drawer, picking out a red shade for me.

not sure why he always wants me to wear red lipstick when i'm with him.

"sure." i nod, smiling at him as i grab the lipstick in his hand.

i finish up and we're out of the door in no time. crazy how i was in bed just twenty minutes ago, dreaming about...

"i'll pay for whatever we do there." travis says to me, interrupting my thoughts. "it's the least i can do. plus, you can play however many game you want." he boyishly smiles at me.

we get into the car and he drives off in the direction of dave & busters. the drive isn't long at all, considering we both live in the heart of los angeles. everything's within reach.

"we're here." he parks the car, making me look up from my phone.

we barely conversed and i feel a little awkward talking to him. maybe i should tell him about my small encounters with jack? everything just happened so quickly between me and jack.

like a gentleman, travis opens the car door for me and the entrance door. i give him a small smile, walking inside. we go to the direction of the arcade games first and i see a very small huddle of people by the three basketball hoops.

my eyes squint as i look closer. i recognize them and the people cheering for the people playing. johnson and naomi. jack and madison. sam and karina. my heart drops from my chest and my breathing hitches.

{vote, comment, share}