Chapter 3

Jessica's POV

"Eugh... That is disgusting."  I said, wiping the saliva off my face.  The alien, which I now knew was called a Teflax had just shaken his head and his saliva had splattered all over my face.  I had also found out that the Teflax and Mr Winsen were the same person... or thing, he was using the human form as a disguise.  I wasn't sure if Teflax was its name though, or if it even had a name.  The doors were still locked and I had found out that loud noises just aggravated him, so I had given up on trying to smash through the window. 

Why hasn't he attacked me yet.  I thought as I tried to look for another way out.  I could just see the back door from where I was standing and I noticed that it was slightly ajar.  I glanced up at the Teflax.  He was slightly distracted by something that was happening outside.  Alright then, it's either now or never.  I thought as I pushed myself off the glass that I'd backed up against and sprinted across the room.  I didn't make it very far though.  I'd made it about half way across the room before I was slammed back against the window.  I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder and I looked to see what had happened.  Ouch...  The Teflax had grabbed me by the shoulder and one of its talons was now stuck in my shoulder as I was pinned up against the window.  My hopes were raised when I noticed that the force of the attack had cracked the glass, but I couldn't get the talon out of my shoulder to do anything about it.  No matter how much I pushed, I couldn't budge it, the Teflax was too strong.

Just as I was giving up hope and accepted my fate, the glass behind me shattered.  I fell back onto pavement with the Teflax following and falling on top of me.  I winced as the talon dug further in to my shoulder.  "Leave her alone!"  I heard a voice bellow.  I know that voice...  I looked in the direction it had come from, and sure enough it was that irritating 'Doctor' from earlier, being followed by Donna.  The Teflax shrieked at their arrival, making me want to curl up into a ball, but at the same time he loosened his grip on my shoulder, so I rolled to the side and got onto my feet.  My breathing was ragged and I was completely freaking out.  I turned on my heel and ran.  I ran and ran and didn't look back.  I didn't stop running until I reached the corner of the street that I now lived on to catch my breath. 

After I'd calmed down I started walking down the street to the house I lived in, but something was wrong.  The area was taped off and there were men in uniforms with guns milling about.  No, no, please don't let that be where I live...  I begged to myself as I cautiously approached the tape.  ...Shit.  "Excuse me, sir, could you tell me what's happened here?"  I asked on of the men patrolling the tape, trying my best to stay calm.

"I'm sorry miss, but you can't come in here, it's off limits."  The man replied, keeping a hand on his gun and frankly making me feel quite uneasy.  These weren't ordinary police men, of course there were police there as well, but this was something different.  I looked at his uniform.  ...The British Army?  What's the army doing here?  This is serious.

"Yes I know that, but what's happened?"  I queried again.  Maybe this time he wouldn't avoid the question.

"I'm not at liberty to discuss that miss."  The soldier replied shortly, walking away from me.

I started losing my cool.  "But why not?  You can't just stop me from entering my own home and then not tell me why!"  I shouted after him. 

At that point one of the police officers walked over and took me by the arm.  "You said you live here?"  He asked, to which I nodded.  Dammit Jessica, why did you have to be so stupid to say you lived here?  I mentally scolded myself.  "What is your relation to the proprietor?"