Kiss You: chapter 10

chapter 10

"Umm, Li-Liam...?" I asked shakily as I opened the door to the men's bathroom. I heard a couple sniffles coming from around the corner.

"You... in there... Liam?" I peered around the corner to see the boy who usually looked so happy and self-controlled sitting on the counter next to the sink. His eyes had rims of tears surrounding them and I could tell he was close to crying.

"What's the matter kid?" I asked, trying to show the care I had for him.

"I just... I need a girl's opinion on something..." he breathed shakily. He looked straight into my eyes. I looked away and tried to calm myself. I was, after all, sitting in a bathroom having a heart-to-heart with Liam Payne.

"Okay, what is it, Liam?" I rested my hand on his kneecap but again averted his gaze. I saw him take a deep breath to gather himself. He exhaled and I saw his eyes strengthen.

"Well, Danielle broke up with me... over the phone... tonight..." My mouth fell open as he dropped his eyes down to the dirty bathroom floor.

"Oh Liam, I'm so sorry!" I wrapped one arm around his shoulders as he covered his face with his hand.

"It's okay, I should have seen it coming..." Liam sighed again and continued, "we've been arguing for a while."

I sat quietly, waiting for him to finish. I traced little circles all over his back like my big brother always did to me when I was upset.

"She's quite a bit older than me and even I could see that we just aren't right for each other... right now... I mean we're at different stages of our lives so it was hard to make our relationship work..." he shook his head but smiled a tiny sad smile. "What I'm wondering is... from a girl's perspective... well, she said she will always love me... is she telling the truth or do girls just say that?" he smirked, and I could tell he was slightly embarrassed about asking this.

"No Liam, she probably does love you, and she might always love you deep in her heart somewhere..." I kind of chuckled because he seemed to feel relieved. "Just like even though you'll move on and find another girl, you'll still remember Dani... and trust me, you will find another girl... everything's going to be okay."

Liam nodded and smiled up at me. I helped him off the counter, knowing he felt better now.

"Thanks love... I just needed someone to tell me everything was Gg to be alright." I blushed a little when he called me love, because I just think that it's so adorable how the British say that. Just then, I realized I was being pulled into a gentle grip.

"Really... thank you..." Liam said as he hugged me.

I reached around his torso and gave him a soft squeeze. Woah... Liam was really fit. Daaaaaaang. I snapped myself out of my thoughts and smiled up at the now smiling boy. He looked a lot happier now, which I was grateful for. No one deserves to hurt, especially not someone as sweet as Liam.

I noticed how close our faces were and suddenly got a little sweaty with nerves. What would happen if he just kissed me right now? I then pushed away those thoughts, remembering that he had just gone through a rough breakup. But he had said that he knew they were going to break up for a while now... maybe he didn't have feelings for her anymore anyway...? I shooed the idea out of my head. He wouldn't kiss me. And why would I want him to?

Maybe it was because I had never kissed anyone... ever... I had always been so busy with school and working and my family and friends and everything else in my life that I had never had a true boyfriend. My life was hectic enough and I just didn't have time for a real relationship. This was something I was always afraid to admit to people. I was 19 years old for goodness sakes! But I simply waited for a prince to come sweep me off my feet...

"Mary?" Liam startled me out of my daydreams and I blushed because our faces were still just inches apart.

"Sorry Liam," I said, and he half-smiled at me. "Maybe we should get going..." I suggested. "This is the men's room after all, and some guy is bound to walk in sooner or later!" I giggled and Liam let out a chuckle. It was the loudest I had heard him laugh today.

"Yay! Success! I heard a laugh!" Lou began screaming as he ran in, the other boys following. Harry kind of narrowed his eyes at us hugging as Louis jumped in and started laughing along at the group hug. Liam suggested that we should leave now so we finally did.

Ladies and gentlemen, tonight I was part of a group hug... with One Direction... in a men's restroom.

I don't think any night will ever compare to this. And tonight isn't even over yet.