Rune

"RRRUUU!!! Mommy says we're going to be late to school if you don't get up!" Lucy screamed through my door. I groaned, why did she persist on using that silly nickname of hers? I got up and dragged myself to the shower. The warm water worked its wonders and soon I had hopped into a pair of tan cargo shorts and a plain black tee. I checked my reflection in the mirror quickly, running my fingers through my dirty blond hair. I didn't look too bad I had to admit; my hair got difficult at times, my eyes were a bluish grey, my skin tone is a smooth ivory, and my body is pretty toned. No huge muscles or abs or anything extreme but I was pretty fit.

"Rune!" Lucy squealed from the table, her blue eyes sparkling with happiness. I made my way over to her and tickled her into a fit of giggles before taking my usual spot at the table.

"Here you go honey," my mom said as she placed a pile of waffles swimming in syrup just like I liked them. She knew me all too well as I quickly picked up my fork and shoveled forkfuls into my mouth. My mom chuckled as my dad strode down the stairs carrying his briefcase, looking impeccable as always.

Dad worked for a big law firm and money was something he earned plenty of. He hardly worked long hours and rarely ever took a business trip, so he was always there for me and Lucy like a father should be. Mom, not needing to work thanks to dad's paycheck, went back and forth between helping him with cases and doing volunteer work. Other than that she hung around the house and cleaned and showed up for our school events and such. They were the perfect couple and perfect parents and I loved them to death. When I came out to them as gay they hardly batted an eyelash and explained they loved me no matter what and would always support me.

Dad kissed mom on the lips to which me and Lucy pretended to throw up in disgust. Dad simply shook his head with a sly smile as he ruffled my hair and kissed Lucy on the cheek before he was out the door heading to work, calling out, "Have a good day!" over his shoulder.

After finishing breakfast I gave mom a kiss on the cheek before swooping up Lucy along with our backpacks and heading toward my Jeep. After dropping her off at school I headed toward my own, losing a bit of my energy knowing what awaited me was boring classes and bullies. I pulled up into my usual parking spot and trudged to my locker. After spinning the combo I began grabbing what I would need for the first few classes. Viviana took the opportunity to sneak up on me, effectively making me squeal with fright when she shouted, "HI RUNE!" in my ear. I glared at her but she just ignored it like she usually did.

After closing my locker I asked, "Where's Derek?"

She shrugged. "Who knows, if he wants to be found we'll find him."

I rolled my eyes and listened to her babble as we walked to first hour. Out of nowhere I was shoved into a locker while Viviana gasped in shock.

"Watch where you're going faggot," a voice sneered. I inwardly groaned recognizing the voice instantly. Jack Deere was my own personal bully. Being the typical jock he is, he always takes advantage of me being weaker than him. He was homophobic in every sense of the word and enjoyed making school miserable for me. His two brilliant sidekicks followed him around like he was their king or god or whatever idiot jocks call guys like Jack. They walked off snickering as Viviana tried to nurse me but I just waved her off. He didn't push hard enough to bruise so I would be fine.

The rest of the day went on uneventfully as usual. At lunch we finally found Derek, but he was too busy making out with this girl to notice us so me and Viviana just chatted. It wasn't until last hour something interesting happened. Me and Derek sat in our usual seats, cracking jokes and being the fools we were until the bell rang and our English teacher Mrs. Bulle walked in.

"Okay class, we have a new student so I would like all of you to give a warm welcome to Damien," she said sweetly. I began to zone out seeing as how new students were commonplace at Gates High. It wasn't until I heard the collective gasp of the female population in the room and the whispering that I looked up into the blackest eyes I'd ever seen that seemed fixated on me and sent shivers down my spine.

"Hi," he smirked. "I'm Damien."

Author's Note: I know, sucky first chapter, but please keep reading??? It gets better!! And if you don't like it then you can stop...