Family Day

11/2  Happy Birthday! You're getting two chapters in one night! I figured that it would be nice since I didn't update for like two months or something.......

Actually, this is up so quickly because I had a majority of it already written and in the previous chapter. But it was getting long, so I cut it out and made it its own. :) But still! Two chapters in one night! 

Cherish it....it probably won't happen again.

---------THE NEXT DAY---------

Lucky for me, my last class of the day is a free period. We have the choice to sit in class or go to the commons area after attendance. I usually go to the commons because it's usually quieter out there, and some of the chairs out there are more comfortable. Only one of the comfy chairs is still open, so I take it even though it means sitting next to Chad. I think I can handle it for one period. After setting my stuff down, I look to my right and notice that Fairy Godmother has a transportable TV in the front of her classroom. I remember hearing Jane say that her mother was going to try to arrange a video chat with the Four's parents since they can't come to Family Day this weekend. Because, you know, they're on the Isle......and evil.

After doing homework for a little bit, I look over again and see them actually talking with their parents. I'm surprised at first because this is actually my first time seeing them (although from afar). I've only heard and read the stories of these villains and seen a few pictures. They look nothing like their pictures, that's for sure. Of course, it's been like, 20 or so years? Yeah, time's done its toll on them; even my parents don't look that bad, being 20 years older.

With the doors being closed, I can't hear anything, but it looks like the chat isn't going as well as it could. The Four seem really tense and Maleficent seems oddly happy. For being viewed as the most evil, her mannerisms are very out of character. Something must be up. I wish I knew what.

Then suddenly, Cruella gets up close to the camera. Probably asking Carlos about Dude...considering she apparently told him that they were terrible creatures. He steps forward, defending himself I;m assuming. Then their parents begin arguing. Right around this time the bell rings, signaling that school is over. While everyone gets up to leave, I decide to stay and watch what's going down; not out of curiosity (ok maybe a little) but because I want to be there when they finally leave the classroom to kind of find out what happened and be there as a support system. Because Lord knows that no one else will be. (Besides Doug and Ben of course, but they don't know this is going down.)

I do actually feel bad for them. Firstly, all four of them were raised by one parent, probably not even knowing who the other one is. And due to how famous they are within their stories, I'm sure they were expected to be just like them. Secondly, because of this, a lot of people - a majority of the school actually - are so judgmental of them, assuming that they're just like their parents.

After a few seconds of the arguing onscreen, Jay turns off the monitor, and they come out of the classroom.

"Hey guys," I say.

"What are you doing here?" Mal asks. She doesn't seem very happy I stayed behind after the bell, "School's ended."

"Um, yeah, I know. I was just doing homework and noticed that it didn't look like your video chat was going very well and you guys seemed kinda tense. I figured I'd stay until you were finished and, I don't know, be here as support or someone to vent to, or something..."

"Thanks, but we don't need a shrink."

Taken aback a little, she takes the opportunity to walk away while I have nothing to say. I look at the other three. Jay and Evie look at me kind of apologetically then look away. Then they walk past me, following Mal.