His Rose: 6

تجوع الحرة ولا تأكل بثدييها التخطيط نصف المعيشة
Planning is half of living

Rose

I blink slowly as I try to fight back from being consumed by the darkness before turning to look at Elia—seeing that he is currently trying to push the door open. My eyes remain focused on him without wanting to look anywhere else. I realise that we're still upside down; the car must have turned after the impact.

Elia coughs; one of his hand on the top, preventing his head from hitting down after unbuckling the seatbelt. He glances at my direction before crawling out of the car—taking out something from the car's dashboard on my side. I can't seem to make any sorts of movement due to the headache.

My heart starts to beat faster as soon as I hear gunshots. A few more before everything goes completely silence—leaving me in my own world of confusion. What's going on? I thought as I try to push the door open but as I feel pain occurring on my left wrist, I immediately pull my hand away, groaning in pain.

I turn to look right as soon as I hear someone pulling the door open harshly. Somehow, I let out a breath of relief when I see Elia laying on his stomach, trying to get me out of the car. He looks straight into my eyes—seeing that they are probably teary. I use both of my hands to support my body before he unbuckles my seatbelt but when I groan in pain, he immediately furrow his eyebrows at me.

''I'm getting you out of here.'' He mutters, near my ear before slowly pulling me out of the car.

As soon as I manage to slip out of the car, he holds me by the waist; waiting for me to stand properly. Once he sees that I'm all good, he slowly cup my face, checking for any head injuries. I start to feel his warmth radiating to my cheeks but I keep quiet, only looking into his eyes—completely enjoying how light they are right now.

He slowly let go of my face by holding my chin up, checking again. I clear my throat, catching his attention, ''I'm fine.'' I say, assuring him.

My eyes drift away towards the scene up front and my heart somehow stops beating immediately. Two dead men on the ground while two others are dead in the car—due to being shot. I look back at Elia and see that he's keeping his gun in his back pocket, not realising that I'm in a complete shock.

What the hell, I thought to myself. Should I even be hanging around with him?

I awkwardly stand near Elia's now—ruined—car as I watch his every movement. Why don't I feel like it's wrong to be around someone like him? I mean, for fuck's sake, my entire life was with criminals, what makes him any different? I shouldn't feel bad or anything, I'm obviously involved in this!

''Come on, we have to hurry before the police comes here.'' He says, glancing at my direction before pulling my arm. I see a few cuts at the side of his head but he doesn't seem bothered.

We walk towards the other direction—where we came from. I follow close as we walk past blocks, avoiding attention as much as possible; we use the back road. Both of us didn't even say a single word because we both had nothing to say, honestly.

After walking for like, fifteen minutes, we both enter a dark alley and I keep quiet, not wanting to ask what we're doing here. Once a in awhile, Elia would glance behind to see if I'm still keeping up. The deeper we go into the dark alley, I start seeing a few men hanging around with suits. Exactly, suits.

I can't help but eye each one of them and see that they are also looking at me. I'm used to this kind of attention—stares from men, so it doesn't bother me much yet, I still feel slightly uncomfortable. It makes me feel cheap.