𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. - 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐅 ✓

Hello Dearest Readers.
Please note that this chapter takes place THREE months before the events of the previous chapter. And is a direct continuation of chapter five.

Chapter Six is where we get a small peek into the future to see what's in store for the characters and their lives. As the title of this book suggests, it's the Butterfly Effect.

Every outcome can be altered by the slightest action.

Nothing is set in stone.

Remember this...

━━━━━━━

  Anger. "Why'd it have to be her, huh? Tell me! FUCK!"

Preston Lee.

  Denial. "No... NO. This is some type of sick joke. Where is she? Where is my sister? And so help me god you better have a different answer."

Riley Sphere

Bargaining. "If only I had been there, I could've protected her. I could've... saved her. No one deserves to go like that. No one!"

Eliana Wilson.

  Depression. "Every time I look in the mirror, I see the woman who couldn't save her baby girl. How can anyone live after losing their child? I... can't do this... Alyssa, my beautiful little girl. Damn them all to hell!"

Ann Sphere.

  Acceptance. "Hey. I hate to ask you this but we feel as if you're the best person for the job. There's a flower shop downtown, could you stop by and arrange an order of her favorite flowers? I need to be at the funeral home to discuss plots and Ann is picking up her sister from the airport. — Thank you, truly. She was lucky to have had a friend like you. Also, before I forget, after a few days of consideration. We'd appreciate it if you do the eulogy at the service. Are you okay with that?"

Weston Sphere.

  "The five stages of grief," a voice starts, "are natural responses to a loss. The anger you feel, the denial that any of this is real, the 'what ifs' and 'if only', the feeling of sinking further and further, and finally acceptance. What I want all of you to realize is that yes you are survivors,"

  The Gotham Academy Massacre. August 29th, 2014. A day that no Gotham Academy student could forget. The blood. Tears. Screams. Death. Once you've seen it. You can't unsee it.

According to Gotham City Police Department, who issued a statement a day after the attack, told reporters that there had been evidence found in the school. But, no one disclosed it any further.

  Rumors and accusations spread like wildfires. Things were only made worse after a rookie police officer, revealed to the public that there were multiple students of interest.

  The suspects' names were not given, however, a list of names from an unknown source surfaced online.

  "But you, yourselves, are victims too. You have seen more than someone your age should ever see. For now, I'd like you all to write one word down on the piece of paper we handed you that would sum up everything you're feeling. Please, by all means, take your time. There is no rush when it comes to these things."

   I scanned the room. Everyone begins to write a word while others like myself, stared at the piece of paper with no words to describe what we felt. The little girl who sat next to me shakes her head, "Everything ok?"