Words

Fiona - Albino

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be loved.

When I was younger, like seven years old, mom used to tell me albinism was a special gift God gave me so I could be different. She said everyone had a special gift and mine was my condition.

Dad said albinism was the prove that I once was an angel in Heaven. He said everyone had a prove, but mine was my pale skin.

George told me both theories were true. He used himself as an example and said his special prove and gift were his basketball skills, 'cause angels need to jump very high to start flying. And you need to jump very high to play basket.

I don't know why I have albinism. I mean, yeah, there's a scientific explanation, but, why me? Why not another kid? Did I do something wrong in my past life? My theory is that I'm strong enough to actually stand the mean words. That I'm a warrior and not everyone is. But that does not stop me from making questions.

I remember that when I was ten, little kids ran away from me, afraid of seeing a 'ghost'. I always came home crying. I know they didn't do that on purpose, they were kids, but it still did hurt.

My fifteenth birthday fell a monday. I was eating with my friends, Louise and Jamie, when two boys appeared next to me and told me: "you're not beautiful and never will be." Jamie stood up and punched the boys -she gained a long lecture from our english teacher and then was sent to detention- but that didn't stop the words from making their way to my weak heart.

Words can make your day, but they really can also destroy you.

I've been in love only once. I'm still in love with that guy, to be honest. But he has never noticed me... Okay, that's an understatement. He has noticed me, but who hasn't? I'm as pale as the color white can be.

What I'm trying to say is that the boy probably thinks I'm horrible. I have not the beautiful natural tan every girl wants. And I can't go to the beach without making some awful damage to myself. My eyes are practically gray. My hair looks like a weird version of Ariana's wig on the Focus video.

That boy has never directed a word to me.

If he ever did, I think I would pee myself.

• • • • • • •

Aw, Fiona. Don't be so harsh to yourself, everything will get better. I promise.

Thanks for the 1k reads!! I'm so excited and happy and I don't know if I should say proud, but whatever! This is all thanks to you!! Love you all to the moon and back! And the story is #138, I'm just so joyful right now. Thank you, really.

QOTD: Do you like the story so far?

~Mercy