Running late

Mark - Gay

I open my eyes.

Shit, shit, shit. School. I'm late, dad is going to kill me.

Wait. I'm not in my room. Where am I? Oh, right, I'm at Jake's house. Called him yesterday to spend the night at his place.

I see the alarm clock. I have ten minutes to get ready. I jump out of Jake's sofa. I go running to the kitchen where I see the dumbass all clean, dressed up and eating. He laughs when he sees my face. He let me sleep more in purpose.

"You idiot," but his laugh is too loud so it covers my words. "What kind of friend are you?" He stops his guffaw and drinks some orange juice.

"Don't be so sensible. I was going to wake you up." I get myself some cereal, Cheerios to be exact, put it in a bowl with fruits and milk and eat as fast as I can. "Mom washed clothes you left from other times. They're over there," I look at the coffee table where my clothes are.

I nod and finish my cereal. Picking up the t-shirt I say, "I haven't seen this in forever."

"Dude, you actually remember what clothes you have? I always forget what's mine and what's my brother's. I thought that," he points at my t-shirt, "was mine."

Uh, "I have a good memory."

I change as fast as I can. We go to school in Jake's car and just when the bell rings he parks it. I walk to my locker, I'm about to open it when I remember.

Fuck.

My books.

Okay, think Mark, you still have your notebook and your pencil in the locker. Just open it and get it out and hurry to your class. The second bell is about to ring.

I run to my english class. Mr Goldlight is in his desk reading some book. I open the door, very slow, but it cracks. The man looks up and glares at me.

"Sorry, I'm late," I say with an apologetic smile.

"You don't say, Mr Finnegan. Come in, I'm in a good mood."

I sigh, "thank you." I sit down on my desk and at my left is Louise. "Hey," I say.

She smiles but returns her gaze at her notebook.

• • • • • • •

That's literally no teacher in life. "Come in, I'm in a good mood." Yeah right.

The Ugly Ones is #101 in Short Story! Can't stop being amazed! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Should I put a cast? I'm not good at this kind of stuff.

Did you like it? Maybe leave a comment? And click the twinkle twinkle little star?

~Mercy