-2-

Theres a scream. Close, inside the walls. My head snaps in the direction as i draw my knife. I watch steadily on whilst slowly rising. I take one step forward before a hand clasps over my face. I claw at the hands but they are strong and smell of chocolate hits me. Carl.

"Shhhh, get inside." He shoves me in and then quietly closes the door.

"Why me, why not Enid? Seems like you love her more." i spit.

"I dont like Enid in any way, we are just friends. You know i like you." He says.

"Whatever." 
"Are you feeling guilty about me catching you with Ron?" He asks.

"Im not with Ron." I mumble.

"Seems li-" The door opening makes him stop, we both turn around slowly. Standing in the doorway is Enid.

"What? You gave me the spare keys..." She jingles them about on her finger.

"Ohh so she gets the spare keys."

"Its no big deal-" I cut him off.

"NO BIG DEAL? Im supposed to be your best friend." I look at the floor biting my lip, a lifelong habit.

"Im his girlfriend." Enid blurts. He lied, ok, im done with all the shit.

"Im sorry Pais, i was gonna tell you, i was." He says rubbing my arm.

"Sorry doesnt do anything. You lied, and you were gonna keep on lyin." My throat catches, making my southern accent sound high pitched.

"Children....lovely." A man says, and the knife plunges into Carls stomach.

--

REALITY CHECK : 
Cliff-hanger! Will Paislee forgive and forget the things Carl.has done and help him to a medic?

Dont forget, vote, comment and follow. Keep reading!

Chloe <3