Chapter 3

The blaring of my 7:00 alarm pulled me from the dreams that scattered through my mind like a movie theater. I laid in bed for a few minutes allowing the alarm to ring before stretching out and turning it off. When trying to escape the warmth of my bed, I was dragged back down. My mind began projecting images of last night into my mind.

After a long night of laughs and getting to know each other Asher decided he wanted to stay the night. So he asked Nora, who for some reason adores him, and Nora agreed. I climbed out of the bed quietly after unraveling my body from his not wanting to wake him up and slightly cursed at myself realizing my shirt was off. I most likely unconsciously slipped it off last night, I hate sleeping with one on. My habits are going to be the death of me.

I tiptoed across the creaky wooden floor to my dresser that stood near the bathroom door and pulled out a hot pink crop top and some black skinny jeans. Walking into the bathroom I did my early morning routine which consists of a shower, drying and curling my hair, brushing my teeth, and finally getting prepared for the day.

The clock above my bathroom door read 7:30 when I started to tidy up from my morning routine. A loud knock rang through the bathroom startling me.

"One second!" My voice came out a little shaky and a lot quieter than in my head. After placing the curling iron back in its home I opened the door to a very tired looking Asher. We just stood there looking at each other for a couple of seconds.

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"Because you were sleeping really well and I figured I could shower then wake you."

"School starts in 35 minutes, that's not nearly enough time for me to go through my morning routine."

"Take your time, I'll get breakfast made."

"But we will be late."

"Well do you want to be late so you can go through your wake up process, or do you want to be on time and still tired?"

He stayed silent and I chuckled and walked around him. I was almost out the bedroom door when he spoke.

"Are you sure you don't mind being late? You are kinda new so it looks kinda bad."

"Well, Nora is the new principal so I am sure I'll be fine."

I didn't wait for his response as I closed the bedroom door behind me and walked down the stairs.

"Hey honey."

I glanced at the direction of Nora's voice.

"Oh, hey Nora. Are you heading to school for your first day?"

"Yeah, I am. Are you and Asher heading out now too?"

"No, I was going to let him shower, then I am gonna take him to get his school things from home, and then we are gonna grab coffee, because I am sure he will need it."

"Then you are heading to school?"

"No, we are gonna just go to the mall Nora. Yes, then I am going to school! It is only my second day. I won't miss the whole day, but we are going to be late."

"Alright I'll call his parents and let them know he is excused for the entire morning. Just be there for lunch."

"It won't take that long."

"Well then just enjoy your morning or something. Go out and get breakfast."

"I am actually on my way to make breakfast."

"Why don't use a different kitchen? I completely destroyed that one yesterday."

I rolled my eyes knowing she was lying. She could never sleep with a messy kitchen.