The diner

Pulling up to the dinner we got out of the car. While the ride wasn't long it was extremely quite making me nervous. Looking up at the sign i see the name of the diner is NomineCoffee. Surrounded be small gardens it had homey feeling to it like something out of a magazine. Walking in we were Greeted by the owner.

"Hey josh, I have a table open right this way" Taking us to a table in the far corner of the diner she sat us down and pulled out a note pad "I'm guessing th regular for you, and what about you young lady" she said finally turning towards me.

"Whatever he's having will be fine" I say grabbing his hand under the table. "and if you could get me a glass of water that would be nice." watching her walk off i huff. '" why does this place feel so calm?" looking around i notice two kids playing on the arcade games . That will be us one day a voice says in the back of my head.

Im broken out of my trance by the owner again "here you go, Im Baronessa the owner but you can call me bear.  " putting her note pad up she spoke again pointing to me."And you are?"

"I'm Flair, Joshes uh-"

"fiance." Josh finished off for me " Infact she's pregnant with my Babies " he said patting my belly like it was a prize. "one boy and one girl could it be any more perfect"?

Bear took a moment to let that sink in before speaking " well I'm sure the pack will be excited! Anything I can do for you? " there was a long pause before she spoke again "I think I have some baby stuff at home ill bring it as soon as possible " The bell rang and she ran to fetch our orders.

"why is the owner serving us?"I asked pulling at my shirt.

"Well because I am the alpha I am normally served by those in charge. Most of the people who work here are humans and don't know how to treat me." he said matter of factly. "if a human shows me disrespect I can't promise not to rip their throat out and I'm not ready to be covering up any murders" . right when he finished bear returned with our food before running off to serve another customer. "you know my mom used to take me here as a kid, I loved to get a slice of pie and listen to her stories. She would tell me about her childhood and her family. My favorite story was the one where she met my dad. Apparently he was working at a grocery store so he could be more independent , Not that he chose to do it. When he found her though he tried to impress her with extensive knowledge of the store but failed to show knowledge of what a wet floor sign is " josh said with a chuckle. "fell right on his ass! My mom ended up helping him up and they were together ever since."

"Oh wow... I don't really know what I'll tell our kids. You found me living in the woods working at a daycare center. " I say with a sad glint in my eye "but it's no big deal I guess  better things to come in the future." I began digging into my food. By the time I was done I was stuffed. "That was so good, but I feel like a pig"

"Well your eating for three so I don't expect any less" Grabbing his wallet out of his pocket he set some money onto the table. "Would you mind meeting my mom?" he said with a nervous smile "I mean you don't have to , but I don't want to surprise her when I bring her grand kids to meet her"

"Wait.. She doesn't know about me?" I didn't know how to feel.

"Well she knows found my mate.. She just doesn't know your pregnant" he said as he motioned for us to leave. Walking out the door Twards the car he continued "She is gonna love you and the pups" Getting in he started the car.

"yeah I guess it would happen eventually " with that josh took off.

------------------

Hey guys  know its taken me forever but I wanted it to be well thought out. Please check out my newest book the shadows and give me some feed back. Even if its mean, I need it to do better. thanks

VOTE, COMMENT,SHARE!!!

~Kris