Bitten by the love bug [KibaHina] 6 of 8

*Song dedicated to this part of the one-shot is:

Craig David--“Unbelievable”

*

The next morning Hinata woke up feeling light-headed and even though she wasn’t herself when he said it she was still upset from what happened last night.

...What he had said...how he had said it....

She sat silently in his bed for a while before she was broken from her thoughts by a small knock that came to the door.

“Hinata-chan...Are you awake?”

Hana asked quietly as she peaked into the room.

“Y-yes I’m a-awake Hana-chan.”

Hinata answered just above a whisper.

Hana smiled and opened the door and walked inside the room over to Hinata. She took a hold of Hinata’s hand and dragged her out of bed.

“Come on sleepy head we have breakfast waiting. After your ordeal yesterday you need some nutrition right about now. And I’m sure Kiba won’t be too nervous.”

Hana said as she dragged Hinata out of the room and down the hall.

“N-No!”

Hinata shrieked and yanked her hand from Hana’s grip.

Hana stared at her in shock and confusion.

“I don’t wish to see Kiba-kun right now...Hana-chan.”

Hinata stuttered as she twiddled her fingers and her eyes darted around the floor.

“Too late now... We’re already in the kitchen.”

Hana murmured making Hinata immediately gawk at her with wide eyes.

“Good morning Hinata-chan!”

Kiba called from the breakfast table making Hinata yelp in surprise.

She twirled around and stared at him, horror flashed on her face before she blushed and dropped her gaze, pain-stricken.

“Good m-morning Kiba-kun.”

Hinata said gloomily making Hana laugh in freaked-out way from the drastic mood change.

‘I guess she really doesn’t want to see Kiba.’

Hana thought with a sweat-drop and the edge of her mouth twitched slightly.

He watched Hinata as she walked over to the table and sat as far away from him as she could a gloomy aura surrounding her as she stared at the kitchen table not bothering to glance up. Kiba shuddered.

“*laughs awkwardly then clears throat* Hey I haven’t seen Akamaru around since yesterday. It’s pretty quiet without him. You don’t think he ran away do ya Hina-chan?”

Kiba grinned at her as best as he could and tried to start small talk to lighten the mood.

“I’m sure he didn’t.”

Hinata replied curtly.

Kiba’s mouth twitched and he glanced away anxiously.

Hana walked over to them and placed a plate of food in front of Hinata.

“Here you go Hina-chan.”

She smiled at the young girl who gave her a small smile then went back to her sulking.

Hana sighed then glared at Kiba

‘Whatever you did you better apologise or else.’

The glare’s message said.

“Hinata-chan?”

Kiba sighed and scratched his head. He glanced over to her. He immediately recoiled when he saw the sullen/grim look on her face.

“Never mind...”

Kiba mumbled as he stared at his food.

‘Well I understand why she’s mad. Who wouldn’t be after what I said. I was a jerk. *sigh* Great now she hates me.’

Kiba thought remorsefully. He stood up from the table and went to leave when he heard Hinata gasp. He quickly glanced back to see her staring wide-eyed at a piece of paper.

“I-It’s the bug...The bug that bit me!”

Hinata shrilled.

Both Hana and Kiba dashed over and stared at the picture. Kiba’s eyes narrowed and he quickly took the picture and sprinted to the door.

“Hinata I’m really sorry about what I said to you last night...and I didn’t mean it either. I’ll go find out more about the bug...Maybe the effects already wore off but I’m going to make sure.”

Kiba said and dashed out of the house leaving behind a stunned Hinata.

‘Kiba-kun...’

Hinata thought with her hand in front of her mouth, remorse taking over.