Chapter 2

This hi-tea has been wonderful with lots of delightful food served; mashed potato, cupcakes, fancy looking brown thing and our favourite tea, earl grey tea.

It was lovely but the tension? Nu-uh. I can even stab this thick tension with my fork like I would do to kil a zombie.

"That is a very interesting news, honey." Mom said, rather slowly. "Yet shocking," Dad continued, staring at me intensely.

She narrowed her eyes at Shane then turned to me, "But you just introduced him today, are you sure you're not rushing, honey?"

"I'm very sorry mom but-" I glanced quickly at Shane and mouthed, "Help me!"

He just rolled his eyes and mouthed back, "Save your own ass." I glared at him.

"But?" Dad asked impatiently.

Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod! What should I do? What should I say? Think Tiara think, use that brain of yours..

I looked up and saw my parents are still waiting for my response.

Oh shizzle. I got nothing, NOTHING! This is so helpless. Could I just faint or have a coma now? I repeatedly kick Shane's feet in frustration. Stupid fake boyfriend!

My eyes roamed, scanning this hardwood round table. Cupcakes! I snatched the chocolate flavour and devoured it. "Yum! Did you bake this mom?"

Shane snorted while my parents look at me bewildered.

I looked at mom as she washes the dishes. I picked up the now clean plate and dried it with a towel. "When both of you going to marry?" Mom murmured.

I felt guilty, very guilty for lying to her, my own mother. I want to cry! Why am I all sensitive today? Is Aunt Flow on her way to pay a visit? What day is it today?

"Fancy spoon you have here, mom." I said as I carressed the spoon.

"You haven't answer my question yet."

"Oh." I placed the spoon back on its rack. "Sorry." I breathed out slowly and directed my gaze at hers.

"If possible, next week but no big fancy wedding. It would be disastrous if its done in a rush."

She was silence for a minute.
"Are you pregnant?"

I did a double take trying to comprehend of what she said earlier. Am I hearing it right?

"What now mom?"

"Your stomach seem to have a bump."

I glanced downwards and patted my stomach, laughing lightly, "This mom, is my baby. Her name is food. I got her from my unusual eating habits"

She rolled her eyes, "You and your sassy remarks. Just like your father." She then gripped my shoulders, "But whats with the rush?"

"Um..." I looked everywhere else but her eyes.

"Is it about sex? If so, you can do it safely, honey. We can provide condoms. No need to rush the weddings."

"Mom!" I whined awkwardly.

_

Me and Shane were standing near the entrance door, ready to go home.

"Me and your mother had discuss about this matter and we finally agree for it." Dad spoke lowly that I barely heard anything.

"Our wedding is next week then?" Shane asked.

Both of my parents nodded and I feel like I want to fly high up in the sky screaming all my excitements out.

"Thankyou mom, dad! I love you guys!" I hugged them, squashed them into my massive bear hug while Shane awkwardly hugged them.

We bid our adieu and went into his car. I don't know anything much about cars, but this silver car looks expensive.