→third kiss←

May 16, 1944 - Seventh year.

"Tom, please, dont–" you cried, wiping at your tears. You felt like a child.

"Don't call me that." He muttered and turned to give you a deathly glare. You flinched.

Why is he being like this, you thought. "At least... At least kiss me one last time..!" You spoke quietly, forcing him to hear you.

His glare softened and then hardened again. He still looked perfect to you, like on HQ Christmas nigh., back in '42. This time, though, his hair was a bit wavier, his jaw was fully defined. He was gorgeous. You couldn't deny it; no one could.

"Not this time, (Y/N)," he inhaled sharply and turned away, apparating in a heartbeat.

And then it all came crashing down on you, like a wave. You feel to your knees, sobbing on the damp grass in a field in God-knows-where.

August 15, 1947 - Ministry of Magic.

Your job at the Ministry was the same everyday. Your life was dull. Everything was dull.

Grey.

That was your life.

Life goes on, right?

"Right?" You croaked.

3 hours later - Ministry of Magic.

You had packed your belongings and sighed as you were ready to go.

As your hands rested on your bag, specifically the zipper, you examined them, one if your fingers adorned by a small simple ring.

You tried your future name.

"(Y/N) Potter." It sounds okay then you tried another name.

"(Y/N) Riddle." They both sound okay. Great, even.

But which one did you truly want?

A cracking noise sounded from behind you. "(Y/N)."

No. He couldn't be. You spin around. "Tom."

He flinched.

"I'm here for a reason." You  muttered for him to go on.

"Join me."

You were taken aback. "What? Join you with what?"

He seemed hesitant to answer. Be chewed on his lip and sighed. "I want to rule the world and rid it of muggleborns, half-breeds, and muggles alike," he confessed.

You were pure (quite thankfully).

"And I want you to rule at my side.. Your face is like that, why are you staring at me like that?"

"You can't just leave with a trace and then come back three years later and expect me to cling on to every word! And not to mention but that cruel!" You exclaimed. Your heart rate was fast and you felt like you were on fire! "Even you're half-blood! ...Tom, in fifty years, there won't be a witch or wizard who isn't half-blood or less!" You huffed. "It will all be for naught!"

He ran a hand down his face and scratched his lightly scruffing jaw - he keeps it trimmed, you noted. "Then I'll just do it all again!"

"And what if you die in the process?!"

"I.." He trailed off, his anger slowly burning out. "I won't."

"What?"

"I won't die." He explained. "Horcruxes," he smirked at you.

You saw the hatred in Hus eyes. "Whore-what?"

"Not 'whore'. Horcruxes." He advanced and you let him, past feelings getting the best of you.

"Kiss me."

"What?"

"You heard me. Kiss me. Kiss me one last time." He paused, watching you before stepping closer. He ran his hands up and down your arms before missing you gently.

When he pulled back, his eyebrows were furrowed and he leaned his forehead against yours.

"Why not?"

"I can't.. I can't.." You murmured.

"But why?"

"You'll hate me."

"Tell me."

"I'm engaged to Potter."

He pulled back sharply and paced your office. "When?"

"Not long ago. A week. Two weeks. ..A month.."

"I have to go," he mused quietly and peck your cheek half-heartedly and went to leave.

"The wedding is on the 30th of December."

He apparated, leaving you alone in your office.

You leaned against your desk and blew air out of your mouth. Soon, you walked out of your office and into one if the fireplaces with a handful of Floo powder. Your eyes were emotionless.

"Godric's Hollow."