→tom and fleamont's christmas special←

Prompt: Sweaters and Scarves/Be one of us tonight/second chances

AU

-

Waiting five years for another adventure with Tom was painful. Especially now, with the heavy snow and painful, whipping winds that bit at your cheeks and nose. Winds that made it hard to keep your eyes open and dried them out.

You tucked your glove-clad hands into your coat pockets and furrowed even further into your old, but trusty, (Hogwarts house) scarf. You shivered, walking the way the wind blew. You'd have figured Tom was near. You didn't know why he wouldn't just apparate.

"Tom? Tom are you here yet?" You called out, the snow landing on the hair that rested over your shoulders. "Don't understand why Fleamont made me go out to find him. He's the man, here," you muttered and kicked up some snow (which you immediately regretted, "Cold foot! Cold foot!").

"(Y/N)?"

"Tom! Come on," you grasped around for his hand and when you finally snatched it from the fog, you tugged on his arm and pulled him into yourself. "How can you stay so warm!"

He laughed and only replied, "I have the little hot pads all over my jacket and shoes, they're really great. They work just like magic," he joked.

"Genius," you muttered in awe. "How come I've never heard of them?"

He only laughed more.

•*•

"Flea, we're back!"

"Finally! Been wondering where the party was."

Tom brushed off his comment lightly and with a wave of his hand. He then looked at him and deadpanned. "Been hooking up with many ladies lately or are you just trying to get them to date you?" He grinned and laughed at the same time with the Potter boy.

You sighed, peeling off your coat and then joining in on the hug. "Hey, I'm still here.." You pouted, crossing your arms. They both kissed your cheeks leaving your face flushed from the receding coldness and a blush.

"Yes, you are. How could we forget our precious, tiny (Y/N), Tom?"

"Dunno, Potter, it seems she's so short, she went unnoticed by us because we're both so tall."

"I'm still here!" You chimed. They patted your head as if you were a child and cooed playfully.

You had a grumpy expression for a while.

•*•

"Hey, Tom? Don't be a stranger okay? Be one of us tonight." You smiled at him, handing him a beer.

He smiled warmly back at you, taking the beer and replying, "Wouldn't dream of being anything else."

•*•

Your big Christmas dinner consisted of a homemade meal, thanks to Fleamont, and leftover take out from earlier that day (what, no of course you didn't order take out food for breakfast. Ha, haha, hahaha, what?) You will most definitely say it was scrumptious, of course it was. It was perfect.

Though, with Potter and Riddle, you have a small feeling like they were giving each other second chances. And you wee happy.

You were happy with your two best friends on either side of you watching the classic, cheesy movie you picked out, making odd theories of what the characters were doing, and about who they were (though, you have a feeling that in about forty years from now, there will be another Potter-(Y/L/N)-Riddle friendship).

You giggled and raised your beer, "Happy Christmas!"