Chapter 3_Off with the Plans

Lumipas pa ng mabilis ang mga araw and finally, their graduation day has arrived. As usual, only Mrs. Annie made it to attend the ceremony.

(At the University)

"Mom, ayun! Dun yung upuan mo!", aya ni Brenda.

"Sige anak. Puntahan ko na. Ikaw naman e pumunta na rin sa pwesto mo", wika ni Mrs. Annie.

"Mom, punta na rin po ako sa upuan ko. Magsisimula na po kasi ang ceremony", pamamaalam na rin ni Brayden.

"Sige sige. Aabangan ko na lang na tawagin ang mga pangalan ninyo", sagot ni Mrs. Annie.

At nang makaupo, maya maya pa'y nag-umpisa na rin ang ceremony hanggang sa isa isa nang tinatawag ang pangalan ng mga grumaduate. Naunang tawagin ang nasa batch nina Brenda. She graduated Summa Cum Laude on their batch kung kaya't dapat syang magbigay ng speech.

"To our professors, visitors, parents and to my fellow graduates, a pleasant day to all of you. Today, we are here to celebrate our graduation day. A moment that weve been waiting to come. For us to arise with our own feet and finally explore the world. I am here not just to graduate but really to prove my worth. I wanted the world to know that Brenda Gutierrez is not as weak as she seems to be but a woman with full dignity and a woman with power to surpass all life's circumstances. I wanted to dedicate this hardship to my Mom who has a never ending love for me and my brother. And of course, to my brother, Brayden, also I offer this to you. Thank you for pushing me against my limits. For believing in me that I can do it. To my fellow graduates, let us all give our salutes to those who have given their trusts to us. To those who have sacrificed for us. We may have started weak but we have that so called chance to prove our worths and abilities. Rise up! Be great! Be champions! With this, to God be the glory! Thank you.", pagtatapos ni Brenda.

Nagpalakpakan ang lahat ng mga taong naroroon. Higit sa lahat ay ang kanilang ina na maluha luha at bumulong ito "I'm so proud of you anak!", at gumanti naman si Brenda "Thanks Mom!". Nagpatuloy ang ceremony.

"And now, let us all welcome the graduates from Professional Culinary Arts" announce ng host at isa isa nang tinawag ang mga graduates. "Let us all give a warm of applause to Mr. Brayden Gutierrez, Summa Cum Laude", tawag sa pangalan ni Brayden. Now it's time for him to give his speech.

"To our professors, visitors, parents and to my fellow graduates, a pleasant day to all of you. I'll start this by apologizing to my Mom. Mom, I'm sorry. I know you weren't expecting me to graduate under this course but I did. Yeah, I took this course without you and Dad knowing it. I'll be taking the full responsibility of what I did and I don't have any regret about it. I'm happy with the course I take because I really love what I'm doing. I hope you understand (then I smiled at her). To our professors and mentors, thank you for the support you have given us. For the skills you have taught us. For developing of who we are today. To the people whom we had shared experiences, we thank you, for our eyes have been opened to what the real world is under the course that we have taken. Yes! Graduating from this course was an edge but as we learned through experiences, books were not enough. Experiences are the real ones. Real proofs of what life seems to be. I honor all of you for heartfully providing it to us. To our parents who lovingly supported us to our endeavors. Who sacrificed a lot to keep us going. The everlasting love they provide is one reason to pursue what we have already started. To my fellow graduates, thank you. I have enjoyed the journey with you guys. The share of hard work, perseverance. The shed of tears and laughters. The friendship we built, brotherhood and sisterhood. It was indeed a wonderful experience with you. I'd be going back to the Philippines to start my life in it. I may not be close enough but you can always reach me. Graduation may have been served already, but this is not the end. This is only the beginning of our full race towards our life goals. Let us all face the trials and achieve our greatest triumphs! To God be all the glory!", he ended and arose all seats with a standing ovation. Mrs. Annie stood from her seat teary eyed. She was so proud of her children. They have grown up more than what she has expected them to be.