Chapter 1: Nice To Meet You

Imagine an average woman with a high paying job at a well known company, isn't that impressive in a way? It would be more impressive if you found out she was still very young, still in her twenties. Won't tell you the specific age though, just because.

This woman was smart and talented, with the looks that would make a man stop their car while driving. Long midnight hair with a curly form, soft pale skin, and light brown eyes. You would think of her as a carefree and fun person if you judged her by looks.

Like the lesson goes: You must never judge a book by their cover. This saying applies to this young woman, because deep down she was a troubled girl. Just like thousands of other children in the world she grew up without parents and un-adopted, with no family to call her own.

So with the help of the orphanage money she was able to go to school, but of course they never had to pay for school again when she kept on emerging as top in class. In the schools she went to, the one in first honors would receive free education.

One would say that she was truly an accomplished woman, what with her Phd, good job, amazing home, and talents but in her mind she was still incomplete. She was tired of her lonely life, and was starting to become hazy.

Yes she had accomplished her dream in getting out of the orphanage, so what was she to do now? She had no other dreams, so what should she do next? Continue life day by day with the same routine that would perhaps maybe drive her insane in the near future?

She didn't want that kind of life.

This woman was a type of person who didn't like to live in huge mansions because it was just a waste of space if there would only be one living there, and so she decided that she would live in a normal sized apartment. Although cheap, it still had a very nice decorative look.

One night when she was coming back to her home, she tiredly dumped herself on the bed to sleep. When you were working overtime of course you would feel exhausted, if you didn't then you should be considered as an energy monster.

As she slept soundly on the comfy foam and pillows, she started to dream. It was a dream so vivid that it seemed as if it was reality itself.

This was one of those dreams where you knew you were dreaming, but more realistic.

She awoke on a bed covered in straw, and was surprised to feel it. The room was unfamiliar to her, but it was the kind you would see as a small abandoned room.

Wanting to explore, she stood up from the straw bed and started to walked around. The building that she was inside of was actually pretty big, probably the size of a mini mansion.

The more she looked around the more familiar the place started to become, and it wasn't until she went back to the place she woke that she realized what was so strange. This place had the same structure as the orphanage she had grew up in, except for the decor.

The woman stared around her in shock, but cleared her mind. Perhaps if she headed to the exit she would find something that would make sense, but instead she found a group of children huddled up together.

There were seven of them and they all shared one thin blanket, it was a very pitiful sight. They ranged in different ages probably between five and fourteen, it was hard to tell since they all looked so malnourished.

To satisfy her curiosity she approached them to get a better look at their faces, and saw eyes staring back at her own. She saw the emotions of fear, surprise, and wonder through those young orbs but most of all she saw exhaustion.

A young child, perhaps six years old stood from their pile and walked towards her, "What are you doing here?" His petite voice made her freeze at the sound, it was so innocent. She made no reply and instead looked into his bright eyes that were filled with a sort of shine, "It's not so warm in here..."