CAUGHT OFF GUARD: CHAPTER FOURTEEN

MAIN CHARACTER 👆🏾

KHALIL💕

"Since ya had to come early, I guess you're gonna have ta hang out while I do my strength training I gotta do it first"

"Oh, no problem. I don't mind at all," I said, perhaps a little too enthusiastically.

He went over and sat on the padded bench press and started taking off his shoes and socks. I stood awkwardly by the treadmill. He looked up at me, "Hey, maybe you can spot me some."

"Sure!" I lit up, then wavered, "Whataya mean, 'spot'?" I tried not to sound to ignorant, but I had to know what I had just committed to doing.

He chuckled."Uh, like, hold my ankles when I'm doing sit-ups, that kinda thing."

"oh No problem! I'd love-" I caught myself, "I can do that." I smiled and turned away to hide it, realizing there were mirrors everywhere. He stood up and went to a short brown stand in the corner and pulled out a pair of silky, under armor gym shorts, and a white tank top.

He went back to the bench and tossed them over the bar, turning so that now I had a side view of him as he started taking off his clothes. Suddenly, I was like a cornered wild animal. My breathing started to pick up and my hands grew sweaty. I looked around frantically for an escape.

I could tell I was not going to be able to handle this without betraying my desires-- and had to get out of there as fast as possible. I started grasping at possible excuses to give, anything to get out of this extremely uncomfortable and potentially disastrous situation.

He pulled his tee shirt up over his head and held it there for a moment. Seeing the graceful arch of his back, from his shoulder blades to his waist, his six pack rippling with motion, his pec's stretched up with his arms over his head, I was just as suddenly frozen in place.

Impulse to flight vanished, leaving me involuntarily holding my breath, mouth gaping.

I mentally slapped the hell out of myself to snap out of it, just in time, as he pulled the shirt off his head and looked in the mirror, instantly drawing my eyes to his in the reflection.

He had a smirk on his face. I couldn't read it at all. I couldn't tell if it was snide or humorous. I looked away instantly. I was flushed still, unable to escape his gaze with all the mirrors.

He undid the drawstring to his grey sweatpants and started pulling them down, looking up into the mirrors at me, even as he bent down. I turned my back to him and focused on pulley machine thing.

I began to think to myself, 'Look, you're here like you wanted to be. You've got to get a hold of yourself and stop falling apart every time you look at him! If you constantly lose it, he'll know you like him and, at best, tell you to fuck off. At worst...

'"Do you ever work out?"

I jumped at his voice and caught his eye in the mirror, through the bars and pulleys."Uh, no, but I'd like to. I sure need to." I looked down at my body, "Obviously."

He stood facing me, shorts behind him laying on the bench, wearing only his black and white striped boxer briefs. He was sizing me up. It was a complete turn on especially the way he kept playing around with the waist line of the undies.

 It was a complete turn on especially the way he kept playing around with the waist line of the undies

'Keep control of yourself! Be casual!' I kept telling myself.He stepped over to me and put his hand on my shoulder, physically turning me to face him as he inspected me.

I boldley looked him up and down at the same time, taking in every bulge, contour and vein, finally settling my eyes on his chest, with its light spread of curly brown hair just reaching and encircling his , quarter size nipples.

My gaze resisted the impulse to follow the treasure trail leading down his six pack, flat belly and finally into his tight grey underwear; letting myself be satisfied that I'd been given an opportunity to look at his entire, almost naked body without being ashamed.

"I don't know where to began, I mean if you want my opinion-" he began

"I do" I said almost to quickly

"Well I don't think there's anything wrong with how you look" He stepped back and eyed me again. "do a spin for me," he commanded, smile on his face