Chapter Eight

Ella

not edited

I was sitting in front of Draco and Ray. After Draco's 'Mudblood Incident' I decided I was going to leave the poor lovebird alone.

But the lesson dragged on and on. I had to find myself an amusment of some kind. I looked at Mudblood and realised she was frantically scribbling notes. I looked at Tina who was whispering and laughing with a girl who was in the Slytherin Quidditch team.

Potter was with Ginny Weasely. He was always with her. Not that I'm jealous or anything.

After finding no one to be able to entertain me; I concluded that the easiest target was- my own brother.

"Baby Dragon," I whispered, not turning my head to face him.

To which he replied with silence.

"The unhatched baby dragon?" I attempted again.

Silence.

"Ugh,"

More silence.

"Fine... Draco?"

"Yes Ella?"

"What is so 'wow'-ish in that mudblood of yours?"

"Nothing,"

"How about Astoria?"

"We broke up." He replied coldly, he said it as if we were talking about the weather.

"Why?"

"She took my wand and accidentally broke it,"

"Hm," after a moment of silence I started asking questions again. "Why the heck would you get angry at her for breaking your wand accidentally!? It was an accident!"

"I guess I needed a reason to break up with her," he casually replied.

"You're lame."

"You're lamer."

And that is how the lesson continued. We were calling each other names. We didn't stop doing that even when Ray, not so kindly, cursed and said "Shut up! Both of you are complete idiots,"

When all attempts of stopping our little duel was failed, Ray punched Draco in the arm.

"I was right all along Draco, you are a punching bag!" I laughed.

"That was for liking Granger!" Ray ignored my comment. To this Draco froze and he seemed to analyze everything he was about to say. But instead of coming up with something intellectual, my brother decided to correct Ray.

"Mud blood."

Ray rolled his eyes (a little bit sassily) and said, "We both know that she isn't a mud blood for you."

Draco decided to keep quiet and he seemed to silently agree with Anderson. Ray interpreted his silence as a sign to keep on talking, so he did.

"You should chase after her. If you truly have feelings for her don't let them fade away. Instead embrace them. Make her feel like nobody else could love her more than you." Ray wasn't looking at Draco but, strangely, he was looking at me all the time he was saying this.

Draco punched Ray back. "Same goes to you, sunshine! Go after her. You have my permission, even though there's something like the bro code but damn that!" Ray looked taken aback first but after registering what Draco said properly in his mind he shot a smile at me. What!?

I didn't understand a single thing they were saying. It was as if they were talking a foreign language.

"Who her?" I asked impatiently. I suddenly became overprotective. "You have a girlfriend?"

"Not exactly," Ray hesitated, his eyes didn't dare look into mine. He looked at Draco and he nodded in approval, "But she's going to be and she's in this room."

Draco smiled more to himself, and excused himself as he, without saying another word, just walked out of the classroom. The professors were used to this behavior from Draco that they didn't bother saying anything to him.

Ray was still staring at me. Since he was behind me I turned around and started chatting with the person sitting next to me; Lia of course!

Then in the middle of the conversation with Lia; I got it. I suddenly understood what my brother and his friend were talking about. It all came together like puzzle pieces.

You have my permission.

Go after her.

The bro code.

She's in this room.

They were talking about me. About me

But you secretly like it. Admit you have a soft spot for that Ray of sunshine!

The tiny voice in my head, no matter how much I tried to quiet it down, kept on nagging me.

"Ella?" Lia's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Lia," I exclaimed and quickly covered my mouth when the whole class turned towards me.

Oops.

"Hoppings," I tried again when the class's attention was back to the professor.

"What?" she said more rudely that I had expected.

"Draco will have a hard year this year," I said cracking my nuckles.

"And why is that?"

"He doesn't follow the bro code and isn't a protective brother!" at this she threw me a what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about look and I sighed in return.

"It's a long story," the class finished right after I said this, "I'll tell you on our way back to our dorms,"

~~~~~
A/N

Yay! After a long time I finally updated! I especially wrote this for you all (abandoning by homework) but the sacrifice is worth it <3 I can't believe we have over 12K views!!! And 403 votes!!! 100-ish comments!!! Yes I'm going crazy here))) Thank you all, you can't imagine how much this means to me! I hope you liked this little chapter! BTW: This story is coming to and end in about after 3 chapters. So hang on just a little bit longer and you shall wrap up with this book ;-)

Love y'all💕