Prologue

??? POV
   "My name is Lauren Kiwasana! I'm 10 years old! It's nice to meet you!" "Very nice, Lauren." Mommy smiled at me as I bowed. But I knew that that smile of hers was forced again. We were in the hospital bed. Her hospital bed. Just 4 months ago, daddy ... died. Now, mommy's sick. My younger brother was taken away right after daddy's death. I never remembered his name. I'm sad but. . . but I still have mommy so I'll be strong!
     August 20
     Once I woke up, I rushed to mommy's room. I was so happy. Today's the day! The day when- When I opened mommy's door, there were people in white inside. Dowc. . .tos? I also saw some people that I thought I knew. When they saw me, they quickly rushed to my side. I ignored them and went to mommy's bed. "Ma. . . ma?" There was no answer. I shook her. "Mama...?" "Lauren..." "Are you her daughter?" I looked at them curiously. "Why is mama sleeping?" "U-um, take it from here." The Mr. . . Doctor? "W-well, child, your mommy is..." No, at least leave me one. Not today please. ". . . dead."
     Ever since that day, my relatives took me in. Not just normal lovey-dovey relatives but relatives from World War II. Well, something like that. As expected, I got kicked out a year later. I was just roaming around the streets until another old woman picked me up. I was 11 when I turned into their 'assistant'. She was abusive. I didn't like her. Not even giving a cent. So I left when I turned 14. Finally, an old man found me and offered me a job. Not only that, he also gave me old books of his kids. His kids? They didn't care about their father's workers. 3 or 4 years passed and I'm now living on my own in a hotel room. My life was different, but great. . . for now.

??? POV
    "Ian Kurosachi! 10 years old!" "Aemie Kurosachi or Amy! 7!" Our parents nodded at us. Amy smiled. We were in our car. Daddy was driving and mom was on the passenger seat. Me and Amy, my little sister, were behind them. I belonged to a rich family. "Who wants ice cream??" "Ah, me!" Mom giggled and I looked out the window. "Ah, mama, what is that?" "Eh? Ah, that's called a. . . Park. P-A-R-K, PARK." "Paawrc." "Close enough." My life was simple and relaxing, as mom and daddy said so. It was like another one of our normal days, we were going out for a picnic. At least, I thought so. But. . .
Screech! Crash!!!

(K, I get it. Sound effects suck.)

     That was the last time I saw my parents. My final memory was when me and Amy in their funeral. I took Amy and ran away a year after their death. Of course, I brought money with me. Enough for two rooms in a faraway hotel and for Amy's education. I was still young and I didn't think about the possible consequences. But luckily, we managed until now. But . . . when is now? I'm now in a band and that band is my only chance to live.  But I don't have the time to 'love' that band. That band isn't my real family, anyway. I . . . don't need them.

(Both)

"My past hurts than anyone else's."

***

How about you? Who's past hurts more? Maybe yours? -_-