Chapter 1

That guy

     ~Lauren Kiwasana's POV

     I was still in the kitchen in my apron. I stretched my arms freely after carrying (and washing) 3,600,042 plates. -.- I had to work in a five-star restaurant. I sighed as I untied my apron and hung it. "Ah, Kiwasana, here." The man gave me a heavy bag. "Thank you, Mr." He nodded and I left. That was Mr. Andrew, the owner and my 'boss' in this place. When I got out, I quickly hurried down the street to the subway. It was a Saturday so the street was overcrowded. "Excuse me. Sorry. Ow-! Sorry, Um-" Before I realized it, I was standing in the subway waiting for the train.

     It was silent again and I was sitting down. "Miss?" I turned around and saw a little girl handing me my handkerchief. ". . . ah, . . ah! Thank you." I gently took it for her. Once I had it, she disappeared. . . What- . . What just-? The train suddenly came. I shook my head and quickly entered with the crowd.

     "Mama! Why can't we run in the twain?" . . . Twain? It was the usual long ride. I was left with a woman, her twin boys, an old man and a teenager guy about my age. "Mommy, what's that?" Twin boy 2 pointed at the teen guy's guitar. The 'mother' just smiled at them. "Gui. . . tar. G-U-I-T-A-R. GUITAR."

Twin boy 1: Kitahr.

Twin boy 2: Gedarr.

     I laughed quietly in my head. TB (Teenage Boy) grinned and handed his guitar to the kids. "Guitar." "Ahh. . ." He showed them his (newly-polished) brownish guitar. They held it like what normal kids would do. "Mama, I want a kitahr for my birthday!" "Ah, me too!" She giggled and nodded. I guess this is what they call a family without a father. I smiled and put on my earphones. Maybe even without one member, they could still manage.

     Anytime now. . .  the four left and me and the TB were left. I just kept looking down, avoiding to accidentally sleep. Instead, I just looked at him. To my surprise, he was looking at me. He slowly looked away. I looked closely at his guitar and sighed. The train stopped. I got out and walked freely. It was all fine until  I felt like someone was following me. I opened the small mirror that I kept in my pocket and pretended to fix my hair while trying to see who was behind me. . . It's that guy from the train! I hid my mirror and walked a little faster. I heard his steps going faster as well. I kind of overreacted and started running. So did he! That's why I'm so happy when I lost him. I reached the hotel where I was staying and panted for air. At least he's gone. . . He's- he's here! I held my breath and I was about to hit him with the metal dust pan I was holding until he passed by me. I looked behind me and saw him hug  a short girl. Definitely  not the one from earlier. I was too relieved so I let out a sigh.

    I was in my hotel room. By 'hotel room' I mean a place with a bed, a chair, a bag, a desk, neatly hanging clothes and a small bathroom. Yup, no TV or computer here or is that how they call it . . . ? Anyway, I dropped my bag and flopped on my bed. Hard and soft, it was more than enough. I wonder how the TB and (probably) his sister are doing now? Nevermind! I rose up, wore my jacket, got my plastic folder and locked the door (after I got out).

     Even though it was almost night, I knocked on different doors and crossed their addresses of the list. My brother went missing and I don't remember his name. So. . . on times like these, I went to different addresses and showed them his kinder picture. "Excuse me, have you seen a boy like this somewhere in my age somewhere?" I sighed and crossed another address off. I sat on a nearby bench and stretched my arms again after putting my stuff down. "Where are you right now? Are you still in where I am now? Well! Wait for me, okay? Your sister is coming!!" "Miss, could you be quiet?" A janitor passed by. "Uhm, sorry." I sighed and put my arms down. Unfortunately, when I did, my folder fell. And when I was about to pick it up, my only picture of my brother UNFORTUNATELY flew off.

(PS. PLEASE DON'T TELL ME THAT SHE'S STUPID FOR NOT PHOTOCOPYING THAT PICTURE.)

(PSS. A STORY AIN'T A STORY WITHOUT EVEN 0.1% OF STUPIDITY.)

     I followed it trying to reach for it. Stupid shoes -_- . I even ran the red light. The wind did stop for sometime . . . WHEN there was a fountain under it. I ended up in a park. (Should've signed up for a marathon or something.) No one was around so I could run around freely. Finally, the wind stopped when the picture was over a fountain again. I dropped the folder and made a jump for it. You can guess what happened next. A slomo scene where I got the picture and managed for it to not get wet. I rose up from the cold, dirty water and shivered. I smiled when I saw that the picture was safe. I was about to get my stuff when somebody handed it to me (out of nowhere) and placed a shawl on my head (not fixed but. . .) "Th-thank you. . ." I took my stuff and looked at the person. . . -! "Y-you!" It was The-TB-Guy_From_Train! ". . . Huh?" No doubt, that guitar case is his! (Who cares. . . ? Like you have some kind of ID or label or anything.)

~~~

I AM SO SORRY FOR:

SLOWNESS IN TYPING

SHORT CHAPTER

THANK YOU FOR:

WAITING

READING

PLEASE:

DON'T HATE

OR ELSE:

I . . . I WILL . . . I WILL SHOW YOU THE WRATH OF THE NO WIFI ZONE!