14. What once was forgotten

__________________________
5 years ago
__________________________

V ... was my oddest friend.

During class he tended to look like he was sharply listening to the teacher, with eyes directed forwards and his head nodding at the right times but believe me, his head were up in the clouds.

Sometimes, i enjoyed asking him what he had thought about during class today.

He'll always say the most random things to make me laugh.

Today was different, or rather, he had seemed a bit down lately and had even gone as far as skipping school a few times this week. I was worried and wanted to ask him about it but hadn't gotten the chance to.

"What did you think about during class today?", i asked him as we were walking home with Jimin & J-Hope chatting happily behind us.

"... Nothing special.", he said with his head down and avoided eye contact.

I studied him worriedly and took the opportunity to ask:

"How is it? Did something happen?"

He scratched his neck. Like he was slightly burdened by the question.

"It happened a while ago actually, that..."

He got interrupted by J-Hope suddenly squeezing himself in between us and putting his arms around each of our shoulders.

"Wanna go play somewhere?", he asked with a big smile.

Jimin clinged to my arm as well.

"Let's go play Jungkookie?", he said and grinned towards me.

"Ah...", i smiled back at him but quickly turned my attention to back to V instead.

Would he go? Or more importantly, what had he been trying to say? I had a feeling of that it was something important...

V laughed and smiled a rather forced smile, something that J-Hope didn't seem to notice.

"Should we?", V said.

I studied his so called "happy" expression closer. It was suspicious, i'd have to ask him about it again later. Jimin suddenly nudged his head against my shoulder and i directed my gaze towards him instead. He smiled and i ruffled his head. This hyung, always asking for attention.

"Let's go go go?", i said feeling a bit ligher inside as i took a step forwards with the others following me.

The anxious feeling still lingered though and i glanced briefly at V once again.

Something was up.

That's how it continued throughout the whole time we were hanging out. At the arcade, at the café, walking around in stores, i followed V with a suspicious mind. Waiting, for him to tell us what was wrong or at least tell me so that i could support him. However, as the hours went by and the daylight gradually disappeared... He still hadn't shown any intention of continuing saying what he started earlier.

The time came for us all to seperate. Jimin & J-Hope who had decided to study together went one way and V & i were left alone in the crossing.