Chapter one||What? Step Sister?

A|N- Dan and Phil are 21 and 22 just cause it makes sense.... first book cut us some slack :)

Dan's Pov 

I slamed the door of my apartment and made my way through and into the lounge room where i was met by my roommate Phil.  

"Hey, Dan whats up?" he looked up from his computer screen as he spoke. I sighed loudly before sinking down onto the lounge next to him. He shut his laptop and moved  so he was now facing me, clearly expecting an answer. I shifted my fringe out of my eyes before speaking in a quite voice...

"Phil, I have anther half sister" I watched as the shock expression played over his face as he registered what I had just said before he smiled at me and replied...

"Thats great but why are you so upset though" I shuddered at his question. So far I had avoided telling Phil why I hated my real father and how he was a drunk abusive man but I knew I couldn't avoided it this time, so I decided to grow some balls and explain, there wasn't much to explain as he left when I was a baby but I heard many stories from my mother.

"She lives with my real father, her name is Carrie Alyssa Price and she's seventeen years old she'll graduate in about six months" I paused for a bit to look up at Phil for long enough to see the bewildered look on his face before lowering my eyes and speaking in a hushed tone.

"Phil he beats her" I kept my eyes focused on my hands which were resting on my lap. I lifted my eyes up a bit to see Phil's expression his face was a mix of shocked and anger.

"Dan why didn't you tell me?" he questioned, I could hear the hurt in his voice but the truth is I only found out about her today, I overheard my mother and her boyfriend talking about Carrie as they were currently in London. I had known about my other sister Lucinda as she came to live with my mother two years ago but no one had ever mentioned Carrie, no not once. I explained this to Phil and he remained quiet and still obviously sorting out his thoughts, he looked at me and replied with the one question, I had been asking myself for the last two hours...

"What can we do?" I sighed again before speaking.

"I have no idea, and its killing me" I was thankful that Phil was so understanding.

Phil's Pov 

I had never seen Dan like this before, he was usually the sarcastic humorous one but no he just looked scared. I already knew he was protective over his family especially his little sister Lucinda and the truth is I never knew why but I brushed it off as part of his weird behaviour patterns but hearing this made me wish i had asked earlier. My thoughts were broken when dan sighed I looked at him and asked the only question i really had my mind focused on.

"What can we do?" he paused then sighed.

"I have no idea, and its killing me" well with that reply, i instantly know that its gonna be a long day.

A|N- well thats chapter one, short i know but if you liked it, give us a vote or leave us some feed back.