Chapter 8: C*nts and Cows (part 2)

Ava's pov
Dan, was interesting, yes a rather interesting person, he was quiet but loud, nice but sarcastic, hot but off limits. Off limits, off limits but.... No off limits.
The same two words danced in my head, I couldn't, for several reasons, I'm taken... And I'm not one to cheat, he is my best friends brother and as much as I shouldn't let the thought enter my head, he well... He is Steve's son, I'm a horrible person to even think that, as Dan seems such a generous, resilient person with a many traits that make him truely, seem nothing like Steve, he was articulate, funny, sarcastic many words that would never come close to defining Steve.

Beep beep, the sudden sound pulled me out of my thoughts, well more along the lines of rescuing me. I opened my front door only to see The hailsmoveil in my driveway. 
"Come on Dan" I said, grabbing his wrist and pulling him out the door.
"Ok ok I'm coming" Dan said with a wide smile, only causing me to smile.

"Hayley" I yelled then pressing my face to her car window, probably smudging my makeup, Hayley shook her head in disappointment, so did her passenger, Grace

"Hayley" I yelled then pressing my face to her car window, probably smudging my makeup, Hayley shook her head in disappointment, so did her passenger, Grace. I walked around and sat in the backseat, followed by Dan.
"Well, who's this, Ava" Hayley said whist checking Dan out through the rear view mirror. Before I could even explain, Grace interrupted me.
"Wait you and Jake are still a thing, right" Grace questioned. Then began bickering with Hayley. Dan gave me a sympathetic look.
"GUYS, yes I'm still with Jake, this is Carrie's half brother, Dan, now can we go" I yelled over them.
"Oh" the answered at the same time looking over into the back seats.
"Hi, nice to meet you guys" Dan awkwardly, pulling his half smile thing, that literally gets me every time.
"Oh my god he's British" Hayley squealed
"Can we just go" I said, rolling my eyes.
"Ok" Hayley huffed, and with that the old rusty ute finally pulled out of the drive way and rolled into the long tar road.
"Are, Dan can you ride?" Grace asked.
"Umm no" Dan spoke
"Yes ladies we have a new student" I said sarcastically
"Awesome" Hayley said as she drummed her thumbs on the stirring wheel along with the music. I looked at Dan as if to say sorry. 

The rest of the drive was just staring out the car window and listening to Grace and Hayley fight over what's played on the radio.
"Country really Grace, really"
"Well your music is shit"
"Your face is shit"
"Not as shitty as yours"
"It's my car"
"You call it a car, it's a rusty tin can"
"Fine then get out" Hayley pulled the car to a jolt, in the middle of the road mind you.
"No please Hayley you love me" Grace said with a cheesy smile. I unlicked my seatbelt and climbed over to the front passenger seat.
"Move it hoe" I said pushing her out of the car and onto the dirt road.
"You bitch" she said, the stood and brushed herself off.
"Umm guys there's a car coming"  Dan spoke for the first time.
"Scoot city boy" grace yelled as she threw herself back into the car.
"Drivvvvvveeee" grace screamed as the car behind us began beeping the horn.  Hayley held the finger up and poked her hand out the window as the car failed to start.
"Dude no that's the town drunk" I spat in a rush as a figure climbed out of the car.
"The car won't start" Hayley cried but laughed
"Aye, move ya fucken car out of the fucken way aye" a voice yelled, I stepped out of the car to reason
"Sorry our car has broke down I'm sure you can go around"
"Really your fucken piece of shit car takes up the whole fucken road"
"Hey, I think it would be appreciated if you stopped swearing" anther male voice joined the conversation.
"Oi, what you gonna fucken do about it" the man swore holding his fists up
"Your going to fight me, your drunk and I think it be best if you went home" the man's face grew angry. Grace was making a call to the police.
"Yeah Penis face is on the road again pissed as a maggot, can you come pick him up, were on Murbarry road" she said into the phone rolling her eyes, this sort of phone call was made at least 4 times a week by locals, 'John's drunk again', 'Old Johns pissing in my front yard again'. That was what Blayney was like.
"Yeah Ava I called the police" grace announced
"You call them on me again"
"Yes John now I think you should relax before you cause anymore drama"
"Ok" he sighed, literally the worst drunk ever, so easy to persuade. We waited for not to long and the cops finally turned up, and by that time Hayley and Dan had gotten the car started.
"Thanks Girls and friend" the Sargent said
"Dan Howell" Dan said shaking his hand.
"Sargent Fields"
"Well we should get going or we will never get these cows moving" Hayley need the conversation and we finally made it to the front gate of my property.