Chapter 6

If my plane ride to vacationing in Florida was long to me a few years ago, this was hell. We first flew to Dublin, Ireland mind you AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT COUNTRY, before finally getting to what was called the "Liverpool John Lennon" Airport. Grabbing one of my 3 suitcases from the carry on above, I grabbed the duffle bag in my hands and my backpack around my shoulders, making my way off the plane. Robin led me through the crowd to an escalator going down past security. His eyes seemed to be searching for someone.

"Anne's picking us up, her and Gem should here" He said. I nodded and replied with a quick "I'm going to go get the rest of my bags from Baggage Claim" and headed in the opposite direction.

I stood at baggage claim, getting the other 2 bags I had full of stuff. Some of my other things were being mailed in boxes in about a month (Thanks a lot international shipping), so for now I just had some basics.

I put my duffle-bag on top of one of the suitcases, rolling them back over to where I could see Robin and two other women.

"Effie! Meet my wife Anne and my pseudo daughter Gemma. Family, meet my daughter Effie." Robin introduced me to the woman standing before me.

"Effie, we're so happy to have you with us" The woman named Anne pulled me into a tight hug. It felt warm and motherly and reminded me of this new loss I was dealing with making me body go cold. I gave her a tight hug back and tried to think of something else. She held me at my arms and gave me a sweet smile before letting go.

"I'm so excited to have a sister, this is like the greatest day of my life! Finally we've one up'd the men!" Gemma squealed pulling me into a hug. I let out a small chuckle, giving her a hug back.

"Let's head on out to the car, you guys are probably exhausted." Anne smiled and led us out to the car.

On the way to Cheshire, Anne explained to me that they lived in East Cheshire in a town called Holmes Chapel. She enrolled me into a school not too far from my new house, where I would start on Monday. I pulled out my phone and read the text messages I was receiving.

Cammie Rodriguez: Is England as amazing as they say?

Sarah Walsh: Have you bumped into anyone from One Direction yet?

Cammie Rodriguez: Sarah, you know they're in Michigan right now... #fakefan 

Sarah Walsh: I was just kidding, it's not like Effie is just going to bump into Liam Payne or something on the street.

Cammie Rodriguez: She could meet Zach Payne....

Sarah Walsh: WHAT IF SHE GOES TO SCHOOL WITH HIM

Cammie Rodriguez: EFFIE IT'S LIKE YOU'RE LIVING A FANFICTION

Alan Greenwitch: Can you please shut up

Sarah Walsh: NEVER

I chuckled at my friends, what characters they are.

Effie Brown: Just landed. Step mom nice???? Step sister doesn't seem like she's going to kill me in my sleep?? They enrolled me in school. I'll let you know if Dach is there.

Cammie Rodriguez: Zach Effie. His name is Zach.

Effie Brown: Right ;)

I also sent a text to Liana quickly, just to check in with her.

Effie Brown: Landed. Stepmom nice. Stepsister nice. I think there is a brother? Not sure. Text you later, love you!

About 20 minutes later we pulled up in front of a pretty large house. It had large black gates that opened upon arrival, like we were in some kind of movie. The house was larger up close. It was white with at least 3 stories tall. There were about 3 cars parked in the driveway, all moderately expensive. My mom and I had always been well off, but here my dad was apparently living at the top of the world.