Chapter 7

I was dreaming. This is some sort of messed up dream, that is karma for hacking into that twitter account. This couldn't be possible. I tried to come up with explanations in my head as to why they'd be fucking with me, but everything was just blank. I was in shock and almost positive I wasn't breathing.

"Well this is something my dad didn't mention" I said under my breath.

And all of a sudden everything clicked. It all made sense now, the fancy house, the mysterious brother who just so happened to be in Michigan. Harry Styles was the son of Anne, the woman my dad just so happened to marry.

And I thought this situation couldn't get any crazier.

"Gemma! Effie! Dinner!" Anne called from an intercom.

"Let's head up to the kitchen" Gemma suggested, leading me up the stairs and down some hallways to the kitchen. I swear, i'm going to need a map to get around this place. Anne stood there in an apron mixing something in a pot.

"I hope you like pasta, it's Italian night!" Anne smiled, stirring a spoon in the large pot in front of her. I sent her a reassuring smile, and began to help out in any way I could.

We sat down together at the table and began to eat in silence.

"So, what did you think of the house?" Robin asked from the head of the table.

"It was beautiful, absolutely stunning."

"I know this is going to be difficult Effie, but thank you for staying strong and brave. Your mom would be very proud of you." He smiled. I forced a smile and a small nod, trying to keep back the overwhelming stream of emotions.

The rest of the night went smoothly and soon I was finally in my new room alone with some time to myself. My suitcases stood pressed up against the wall, mocking me to unpack them. I picked up my backpack, dumping it's contents out onto my bed. I sent up my major electronics and checked the time.

10:07 pm

I sent a text out to my friends group chat if anyone wanted to skype. Everyone immediately replied 'Yes'. I logged onto my laptop and opened skype. I got an incoming call in seconds. I accepted it and was met with the faces of Tate, Alan, Cammie, and Sarah in their own separate camera screens.

"Effie you need to come home now." Cammie wined on the screen.

"The UK doesn't need you, we do" Sarah added onto Cammie.

"How is it over there?" Alan asked.

"It's strange. The weather is a bit dreary and I'm never going to get used to the time change. I think I'm going to a private school because there is a stupid catholic school girl looking outfit in the closet, My dad married the mom of Harry Styles, the flight was ok, just bit long-"

"WAIT A FUCKING SECOND" Cammie cut me off. I let out a smirk, enjoying her reaction.

"Did you just say what I think I heard?" She asked her eyes widening.

"Your dad married Anne? As in Anne who gave birth to Harry and Gemma? Like Harry Styles from One Direction" Sarah spoke in shock.

"Insane right?" I replied back, rocking back on my legs.

"Dude, that's crazy! You gotta get us to meet them" Alan was next to comment.

"I haven't even met him myself, he's in Michigan. Gemma is really sweet though, along with Anne. They make me feel at home already"

"I don't believe you" Sarah stated "There is no fucking way-"

She was cut off by my door opening and I quickly turned the sound off my laptop, but left myself off of mute.

"Hey Effie, do you want to go out tomorrow and pick out some things for your new room? I could also show you around a bit" Gemma asked. I glanced at the faces on my screen and watched as Sarah and Cammie basically convulsed into the oblivion.

"Sure, I'd love that" I smiled. Gemma clapped her hands together in exuberance.

"How does noon sound? I'm sure the time change is going to be difficult tonight"

"Sounds good" I replied. Gemma said goodnight and shut the door. I turned my sound back on and immediately was met with screaming.

"WHAT THE FUCK THATS GEMMA STYLES ARE YOU" Sarah and Cammie went onto a rampage for about 5 minutes on how I was now the luckiest person on the universe and that only this would happen to me, while Tate and Alan watched the situation play out laughing to themselves. I listened to them go on and on about my new life, and I began to reflect on how different my life would be now.

Now all I could do was sit and wait.

a/n: sorry this is a short chapter! the next chapter should be a lot longer because it's her first day at school