Chapter 8

The owner of the house opened the door, she thought maybe it was her neighbour again coming to remind her if she was interested in church the next day which was sunday, she guess right because there stood her neighbour again with all smiles telling her that she was most welcomed to tag along with her. She also brought some home baked cake with her which was obviously for Jake.
"And give this tiny cake to my boy, i have not being seeing him around lately" Mrs Bankole said practically forcing the cake into her hands and giving her no choice than to take the offering.
"Thanks I will deliver"She closed the door, her neighbour was always acting nice towards her, although they don't really talk, she seems like a nice woman to have a conversation with, her husband who was the landlord was not always around, she ought to be lonely but she has this aura that makes her want to trust this sweet neighbour of hers. She was like Juliet in a way, always respecting her distance and at the same time, caring.

She heard another knock again,
Wow now is not the right time for another conversation she told herself. The knock stopped for a while and she thought maybe she heard it all wrong, she went to the door and checked the eye hole on her door. She truly had a visitor.

But this visitor was so unexpected. Opening the door to face her visitor

"Good afternoon" they said at the same time one party looking confused and the other looking lost.

"Can I come in?" Ed said trying to find his words.
" yes you can " making a way for him to enter into the house. The house was not in the best position there were books lying every where.

" I see you are a bit busy, I...... , did u see my calls?" Ed asked probably thinking maybe the had the wrong number all this while. He sat without trying to take note of the cushion chair.

"Yes, am sorry I have not being picking it up, I have being busy for a while now" Bright said defending herself.

" what happened? You didn't come for your session last week and today also? I can't help but feel maybe I have offended you, or done something that scared you away"

"No not at all, I have just being very busy with Jake that I had to scrap off the appointment, my son and I are having some difficult time and also I need extra money so I decided to end the counselling session altogether, I really appreciate all what you did for me Mr Makinde am very thankful" she said. Her eyes trying to convey all the appreciation.

okay I didn't see these coming at all, so she has decided to scrap off the counselling session. Edward did not know what to say again. What is happening, first she came for the counselling and they were not even through yet and she is ending the whole thing. Wow!!he did not know what to do or how to react. He always pride himself of always thinking before he talks, he wasn't much of a talker but right now he wanted to say a lot without knowing how to convey what he wanted to say.

" difficult times? What is wrong with Jake? Is he sick or what?" Ed said trying to keep his emotions in check, even though he was not really close to the boy, he couldn't help but feel an attachment to the boy.

"No he is not, in fact he is in his room reading, he has not being doing well in school and also he is on suspension, he got involved in a fight in school" She said briefly not going into the full detail.

You can come and see him if you want, pointing towards the door.

"No, its okay I won't disturb him from is studies I can see why books are loitering everywhere". Ed wondered what he boy had done to earn suspension as such a young age.
"You know I was just bordered that it is unusual of you to skip your counselling day, but not coming for two weeks made me worry that something is not alright.
I can see right through it, I can't place my hand on it that you are not as okay as you presume, just know that I will be there if you need a friend, am willing to be that as long as you want and I will keep praying for you" wow where on earth did that even come from. He was beginning to hear his emotions talk and he wasn't ready to allow it to do the talking.