Chapter 21: Fanged Bats (REWRITTEN/NEW)

Edited.

Words:- 6279.

Song- madilyn Bailey titanium.

Iris's P.O.V

I check around and notice none of the boys were awake yet, quietly I tip toes to the door.

"Where you going little mouse?" a voice mumbles from the living room, I turn and look and see Lexi leaning her lead on the back looking at me, letting her arm fall down and point towards the floor.

I bit my lip, I thought about lying but she's my best friend so what's the point.

I walked closer and lean against the back of the sofa looking down at her.

"I need time to think, to clear my head. Everything just been so stressful and really confusing lately, I just need to think. For me you know" I breath out and when she lets out a sigh I frown at her.

"Okay" she says softly, I rubs her hair giving her a soft look.

"What's wrong snowball?" I call her the nickname I called her and instantly a smile appears.

"Just like you, my weeks been stressful and confusions. Unlike you i pick tv and fat food to drown my sorrows, instead of walking and clearing my head" she jokes making me laugh.

"You sure you okay?" I ask causing her to smile.

"I'm fine" she smacks my butt softly "get outer here you" she says making me giggle.

"Okay, love you" I say leaning down and kiss her head, she blows me a kiss back.

Just as I reach the door her voice stops me "mouse?" She calls out to me making me look at her.

"Yeah?"

"Be safe okay? Come back to us" she says making my smile grow.

"I will, always and forever" I whisper shout over my shoulder as I walk out.

Before the door closes I hear her say back "forever and always"

This was my home now, nothing was going to change that now but with everything that's happened lately I just needed a minute to think.

A minute to know who I was, now anyway.

I heard max and Mia's paws coming this way and I duck behind bush.

'freya can you mask my scent' I ask softly in my head, feeling anxious as they came closer.

If they found me it would be over, I would t get a chance to be on my own for a moment.

A person can have that right, a moment to themselves?

'ohhhh look who's been at the books, why we sneaking out?' silverbacks voice answers back, teasing as ever making me roll my eyes.

'silver please' I plead.

'im waiting...'

I let out a growl 'i just need a moment okay, everything is going so fast and so much is happening I can barely breath, so please just mask my scent' so I can have a moment to think clearly'

I snapped and for a second he was silent before softly he says 'i get that...oh I masked your scent the moment you walk out the front door you could have snuck past the five minutes ago and they wouldn't have none'

His words shock me 'why the hell didn't you tell me sooner?!'

'didnt feel like it' he mumbles back before our link goes cold...as if he just ghosted me on mind link.