Chapter VIII

AUTHOR'S NOTE -First generation are not bold. Third generation are bold. (This is only for people with the same names)

Third generation Lily's POV

Trying to ignore the stares at the two James's, the group of eight walked to the Gryffindor table. was sitting there studiously trying to ignore them. Then I caught sight of Lily, who looked like someone had just died. Uh oh, that wasn't good.

"Alright, out with it. What did they tell you?" I demanded.

"Nothing it's just…Harry, my son. He never even knew me, but somehow he half destroyed Voldemort, or something. I mean it must've been awful for him, dealing with all this without parents." She looked close to crying.

I cast around desperately for a change of subject I blurted out, "So Dad says my brother James was like Grandfather James. If he wasn't a charmer, why'd you fall for him?" asked smiling slightly.

"Ughhh, maybe you could tell me that because I have no idea." Lily groaned.

laughed, "Dad also told me that you two didn't exactly like each other at first."

"At first? We haven't gotten along since second year! He's been trying to ask me out and it's getting bloody annoying!" Lily said exasperatingly.

"I'm sure he'll mellow out. Now my brother I'm not so sure of." sighed.

"Oh I doubt that, they seem like copies of each other." Lily laughed.

"My brother James has been trying to ask out my friend, Elizabeth Tylers but she keeps rejecting him." Iexplained.

"I feel sorry for her, that poor girl." Lily said.

"Yeah, Lizzie's getting pretty sick of it." said.

"But your other brother doesn't seem too bad." Lily commented mildly.

"Yeah, that's Al. He's the voice of reason in our house, along with Dad. He's usually the one to break up our fights." explained.

"He seems nice." Lily said, glad that not all her James look alike grandchildren acted like him, "At least he has manners."

"Yeah the real chaos happens when the whole family gets together. It's completely crazy, if you go to one of our family gathering, you might want to bring your wand for protection. Oh and never take anything Uncle George offers you." laughed.

Lily laughed, "Sounds fun, my family gatherings I tend not to go. Tuney can't stand me anyways." Lily said somewhat sadly.

"You mean Great Aunt Petunia? Oh god, I hate visiting her and Dursley!" groaned.

"At least you didn't have to live with her." Lily said looking enviously at the younger girl.

"That's exactly what Dad said." responded, grabbing a role and glancing over at a girl with orange, curly hair, "That's Lizzie. Just…pretend you're my third cousin twice removed, or something." I muttered.

"Hey Lily." Lizzie said sitting down next to me. Lizzie looked at Lily, from me, to James to James and repeated that several times. Finally she said, "Are there four of you?"

"Erm, well not exactly. They're-" I started but Lizzie stopped me.

"Stop! I don't want to know! You guys always have some crazy thing going on but that's what I get for being friends with Potters and Weasleys." Lizzie grinned wryly, "It brings some excitement to life, but if you explain everything to me I'll just get a headache." With that she grabbed a biscuit, tore off a piece and said, "I gotta go feed Petra!" muttering something like, "Never saw it, never saw it…"

"Well that's Lizzie for you. She's got extremely good self control." I told Lily, grinning.

"I can see that. Who's Petra?" Lily asked.

"Her pet ferret." I answered.

When she walked by James, he glanced at her, "Hey Tylers." He said surprisingly pleasant.

"Don't want to know!" Lizzie glared at him, walking away.

"Don't want to know what?" James asked Fred, puzzled.

"Doesn't want to know why there are two of you." I explained as Lily and I slid into the seats next to him.

"Oh." He looked somewhat offended.

"Who was that?" Sirius asked, looking at Remus with a knowing look.

Before James could open his mouth Fred sang out, "It's Liiiiiiziiiiieeeee, the girl he's been in looooooove with for forever but she just keeps on rejecting and rejecting and re-"

"Shut up Freddie!" James complained.

"Keep trying mate." James said, clapping James on the back while Sirius mouthed wordlessly and Remus murmured, "More similar than we ever imagined…"

Suddenly the usual morning rush of owls flew in with the mail. James's owl flew above him, dropping a letter straight into his hand. He took out the letter and read out loud…

James, Sirius, Remus, and Lily,

I haven't found a way to transport you back to your own time yet but I have informed Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione of your arrival. They are still shocked but have invited you to stay at their house for Christmas break, since it is coming soon. I am still working on ways to transport you back. In the meanwhile, have a nice break.

-Nevi-Professor Longbottom

Ps: Present James, I started to explain to Ginny that it wasn't your doing but she broke the connection…

"Yes! We get to meet Prong's son!" Sirius fist pumped. Everyone stared at him like he was crazy.

"What if they can't find a way to send us back home?" Lily asked nervously.

"Don't worry, I'm pretty sure they will." James reassured her but she just glared at him so he quickly looked away and cleared his throat.

"Oh man! Mum's gonna kill me, thanks to you guys!"James groaned.

"Hey, why do you guys keep calling him by his first name?" Remus asked suddenly.

"Well Nevi- Professor Longbottom had been friends with Uncle Harry since his first year at Hogwarts." Roxanne explained.

"Yeah, Pro- oh stuff it! Neville helped Uncle Harry in the war." Dom said. Remus looked as if he wanted to ask more, but refrained.