1| Welcome to Ouran Academy

If there was one thing I was learning about going to a new school was that you'd get lost, and that sucked. Of course it didn't help that I was used to attending smaller, inadequate all-girl private schools farther away from home, and the fact this school year had already been at least two months in. Compared to my other schools, Ouran Private Academy seemed to be a never-ending labyrinth with endless hallways and classrooms that seemed to drag on for hours and hours. Not only that but each student here was like, super rich. Not like, too hundred thousand yen rich, but like, millions of yen rich! Heck, perhaps even billions!

The point is, I can't compare to these highly-dignified people.

While the Sohma family is rich, our wealth was nothing compared to the luxuries these billionaires had. Sure, we had a lake house, a summer cottage, and several other things, but we didn't contribute to much other than that. We were a small, but large family with limited connections and a very unique social standing.

I sighed as I held a crumpled pink note in my hand as I wandered around hopelessly, desperately searching for my classroom- 2-A. This was second year, A class, and I had absolutely no frickin' idea what wing this classroom was supposed to be in. This school was the size of most college universities, perhaps even larger than local ones! It's bad enough that I had to come here, but even worse that I didn't know where I was going. And if I dared ask these well-heeled peers, I had no doubt that I'd seem even more incompetent that I already assumed I was thought of.

After all, this academy was specially designed for the wealthy and their kids-the business managers of Japan, those who would be future bosses and secretaries of expanding companies. A feeble girl like me shouldn't have been here in the first place. I was only here in the first place because of my intelligence, and Akito...

Lost in my thoughts, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going; my body brush up against that of another person's, and my eyes widened in fear as I slowly awaited for the transformation to happen. I waited a minute, my eyes clenched tightly and my hands scrunching the pink slip in my hands as I shook violently. The transformation never happened.

Great, way to screw up on your first day, Aiko.

I slowly opened my eyes to see what I was dealing with; while it looked like a male, this person was actually a female- I would have transformed right then and there. Her hair was all nice combed to perfection and shine that matched her boy's uniform. A low-cut, blue blazer with a white longline bed she tucked underneath it with a map black tie that made it look like a tuxedo.

Wait. Was she a cross dresser as well? Was that even allowed?

Her nose scrunched up as she looked at my form in confusion, "Oh, my bad. Sorry!" She regained her posture and bowed before me... Odd. I'm usually the one doing the bowing.

I shrugged, my senses still on overdrive from the shock. "It's no problem. It's my fault. I should have been paying attention to where I was going in the first place."

She stared at me with a quizzical look, eying me up and down, left and right; pacing all around me until she bonged her hand in her palm and lit up like a light bulb. "Ah, you must be the new transfer student, aren't' cha?"

I blushed slightly. "Ano, hai. It's my first day, and quite frankly, I can't seem to wrap my head around how many corridors there are at this school."

Wait, how did she know who I was?

She sweat-dropped and laughed nervously, rubbing a hand through the back of her hair. "Yeah, it is pretty big... If you want I can help you locate your classroom. There's still time so it's no big deal."