Chapter 7

Chapter 7:
When Ichigo woke up in the morning, it took him a moment to remember the night before and when he did he couldn't stop his smile and turned to look at Grimmjow who was still sleeping soundly next to him. Tracing a finger over the man's jaw, Ichigo sighed happily before biting his lip to try and contain his grin. He scooted closer and carefully rested his head on Grimmjow's chest, closing his eyes again to listen to his steady heartbeat.
The past few months had been rough, there was no denying that. But as Ichigo lay there he couldn't help but think things were finally starting to look up. Grimmjow was remembering things, he knew what had happened now and they were back on track again. He started slightly when Grimmjow snorted before rolling his eyes when he settled down again and relaxed.
He traced his finger over the man's arm randomly, enjoying the fact he could touch him again and grinned. The sunlight filtering in the room from the semi-open curtains caught his ring and he winced as it flashed brightly in his face before turning his hand away. Remembering what Grimmjow had said the night before about wanted his ring back, Ichigo got up carefully to not disturb him and quietly opened the drawer, rummaging around inside it for a moment to find the ring.
"Well good morning to you too." Ichigo jumped and turned to glare at Grimmjow, the expression faltering when he saw the man's smirk.
"What?"
Grimmjow shrugged and sat up, leaning back again the headboard and his smirk widened. "Nothing, just enjoying the view."
It was then Ichigo remembered he was naked and blushed, hiding it with a reformed scowl. "It's not like it isn't something you haven't seen before." When his blue haired partner said nothing in return, he scoffed and returned to the drawer. "Stop staring at my ass."
"Aww c'mon you're putting it on display here, how can I not admire it?" Grimmjow cocked his head to the side and watched Ichigo curiously for a moment. "What are you doing?"
"Looking for something." Ichigo finally found it and smiled, picking it up and got back on the bed, crawling under the warm covers again and looked at Grimmjow nervously. "You uh, said last night you wanted this back." He looked down, holding out his hand and opened it so Grimmjow could see his ring. "Do you still want it?"
Grimmjow smiled softly, lifting Ichigo's chin so their eyes met and nodded. "Yes I do." Ichigo smiled brightly, making his heart jump for a moment before he looked down again and slid the ring onto his finger. "Thanks."
Ichigo kept a tight hold on his hand, linking their fingers and sighed. "No, thank you." Tangling his free hand in blue locks, he lent forward and pressed their lips together firmly before pulling back. "Thank you for not leaving me, for staying."
"Well your stubborn ass wasn't giving up on me so what choice did I have?" He winced when Ichigo thumped his shoulder and rolled his eyes. "C'mon you know I was joking."
"Yeah I do." Ichigo sighed, his expression softening as he looked at Grimmjow. Reaching out he traced a finger down Grimmjow's nose and across his lip. "I missed you."
He caught the hand and kissed the palm of it before smiling reassuringly at the orange head. "I'm not going anywhere again, promise." He tapped Ichigo's ring before continuing. "See this? Means you're stuck with me."
Ichigo snorted, pulling out of Grimmjow's arms to stand up again. "Oh aren't I lucky? But I wouldn't change it for anything." He walked towards the bathroom, pausing at the door to look at Grimmjow with a raised eyebrow. "I'm going to have a shower, you coming?"
Grimmjow shook his head but got up to kiss Ichigo quickly. "Nah, we both know what it will lead to and I need to call Nel quickly."
"Ok." Ichigo nodded and squeezed his arm quickly before going into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him with a soft click. Grimmjow blew out a breath and ran a hand through his hair before turning back to the room to find his trousers where his phone was hopefully still in his pockets.
Finding the item where it belonged, Grimmjow pulled it out and sat back down on the bed, calling Nel's number to wait a few moments for her to answer. "Hello?"
"Hey Nel it's me."
He flinched when she squealed, quickly pulling the phone away to look at it disbelief as Nel's voice still rang clearly through, loud enough for him to still hear. "Oh my god where are you?! Are you with Ichigo?! Did you spend the night with him?"
She continued for another few moments, babbling excitedly before Grimmjow sighed and held it to his ear again. "Nel calm the hell down, one question at a time."
"So... did you stay with Ichigo?"
"Yes. Don't you dare scream!" He warned when she inhaled sharply, when nothing happened he continued. "Yeah I stayed the night with him."
"Was it good?"
"Like hell I'm telling you anything!"
Nel giggled at that before sighing. "Yeah I know, you're a hard man to get details from, that's why I have Ichigo. He'll tell me anything I want to know, one way or another."
"You leave him alone Nel don't scar him for life."
"You're too late Grimmy, I've known Ichigo for years now. If you wanted to stop me you should've done the first time you introduced him."
Grimmjow snorted, looking up when the bathroom door opened and Ichigo walked back in. His eyes widened as he took in the man's wet form covered only by a towel. "Well damn..." Ichigo looked up at that, smirking when he saw Grimmjow's expression and raised an eyebrow, slowly walking over to the bed to stand in front of him. "Nel, I'm gunna have to call you back."
"What, why?"
Grimmjow didn't answer but ended the call, tilting his head up to look into amused brown eyes. "That was rude, did I interrupt something?" He asked, resting his hands on his hips and looked at Grimmjow questioningly.
"Not really, Nel was just wanting details, speaking of..." He grabbed one of Ichigo's hands, pulling him down to sit on his lap. "She says you give her all the details?"
Ichigo blushed, averting his eyes and shrugged. "Well, sometimes, maybe... I give her some details about us." He looked at Grimmjow again and smiled. "Since you don't say anything I'm the one who has to tell people how loved up we are."
"Really?" Ichigo's eyes widened in surprise when he found himself pinned to the bed in one fluid movement and Grimmjow leaned over him smirking. "Well I hope you don't give her any details about this."
"Mmm, I plan on keep this all to myself." Ichigo tilted his head up as their lips brushed, pressing them firmly together. He broke the kiss as Grimmjow's hand slipped under his towel to look at him questioningly. "Where are you going?"
"Oh so you're just gunna tease me with this towel? I'm still naked here." Ichigo bit his lip and his eyes lowered as he looked over Grimmjow's body.
"Well I am known for being fair." He replied teasingly, loosening the towel to drop it off the side of the bed before pulling Grimmjow down into another kiss. Wrapping an arm around Grimmjow's body he pulled it down flush against his and moaned softly, biting on his bottom lip.
Grimmjow chuckled and pulled back to look at Ichigo's flushed face. "Already? We've barely started baby."
His cheeks flushed at that and he shoved the man's shoulder. "Shut up, prior to last night it's been months since I've had any physical contact with you. What do you expect?" Grimmjow just shrugged, returning to his mouth before he could really get annoyed. Just as Ichigo was about to let it go, the bell rang and he groaned in frustration, looking up at his lover with a sigh. "Just ignore it, they'll leave in a minute if they think no-one's in."
Grimmjow frowned slightly, glancing at the bedroom door, feeling his stomach tighten slightly. "I don't know, I think I should answer it."
Ichigo looked at him questioningly, seeing the way he was frowning and nodded. "Ok, if you want to, go answer it. Just put some clothes on first would you?"
He snorted in response, quickly kissing Ichigo before getting off the bed to change. "Ok, I'll only be a minute. Don't you dare move." He warned, looking at Ichigo sternly who rolled his eyes and mock saluted.
"Yes sir!"
"Good boy." He smiled at the orange head who grinned back before leaving to go answer the door, making sure he looked at least semi-decent before opening the door. A young woman with blonde hair and blue eyes turned and looked at him as the door open and she smiled.
"Grimmjow, where have you been? I've tried to call you several times but you never answered. I know you said not to come here but I had to make sure you were ok." He looked her in shock, his mouth opening but no words came out and she frowned. "Are you ok, you look kinda shocked?"
It's her... How did she find me? Oh god what about Ichigo? "W-what are you doing here?" Grimmjow finally asked, stepping outside and pulled the door closed. "How did you find me?"
The woman, who upon closer inspection looked like she was in her late teens, frowned and looked at him questioningly. "You gave me your address but said never to come unless it was an emergency." When Grimmjow just continued frowning at her, she looked down and sighed deeply. "It's an emergency." She said quietly, shaking her head. "He knows where I live and had to get out of there, this was the only place I could think of." Looking up at him pleadingly, she stepped closer and grabbed his shirt. "Please help me Grimmjow."
He sighed deeply at that, he couldn't just refuse her, she looked desperate. "Ok." He muttered, opening the door again and led her into the main room. "Just stay here for a moment, I'll be right back."
He turned to go upstairs and talk to Ichigo but she ran forward and hugged him before kissing his cheek and smiled brightly. "Thank you Grimmjow, I knew I could rely on you."
"G-grimm?" His head snapped up at the sound of that hurt voice to see Ichigo looking at them both from halfway down the stairs. Brown eyes met his and they filled with tears. "You fucking bastard." He said weakly, spinning around to go back upstairs and Grimmjow heard the bedroom door slam shut.
"Shit." Grimmjow muttered, pulling out of her arms carefully. "Not good, so not good." Running a hand through his hair, he groaned and shook his head before turning to look at her. "What's your name?"
"It's Amy." She frowned and looked at him questioningly. "Don't you remember me?"
"No, not really. I'll explain in a bit. Just stay here." He said, sighing when she nodded. "Good, I'll be back soon." With that he ran upstairs and went into the bedroom. "Ichigo?" He asked when finding the man had his back to the door. "Look, it's not what you think ok-"
"Not what I think?" He cut off, turning to look at Grimmjow with his eyes blazing. Any weakness from before shown on the stairs was gone. "So who is she Grimmjow?"
"I don't know."
Ichigo snorted. "Bullshit."
"I'm telling the truth I really don't know."
"I don't believe you!" Ichigo yelled back, fisting his shaking hands. "I knew, I knew something like this would happen. Why would everything be ok, why would we live happily together? What's so wrong with me Grimmjow that you had to fucking cheat with a teenager?!"
Grimmjow frowned, grabbing his hands and kept a firm grip as Ichigo struggled. "I didn't cheat! Whoever she is, it wasn't like that you idiot!"
"I still don't believe you." Ichigo yanked his hands free and ran a hand through his hair before sighing deeply. "Just go, take her with you and leave me alone."
"No. you said you didn't want me to leave so I'm not." Grimmjow shook his head when Ichigo glared at him. "You said you loved me, that you needed me. I'm not leaving."
"I don't need you, I need him. My Grimmjow, the one I loved. You aren't him and you won't ever be so I don't know why I even try." Ichigo paused, his emotions getting the better of him and wiped at his face.
Grimmjow flinched at those words, his heart beating painfully. "You want him? He's the one that knew that girl, not me. If you think I cheated then he's the cheater, not me." He paused for a moment to calm himself and Ichigo waited. "Do you really want him over me?"
Ichigo nodded. "Yes." He whispered, looking down at his hands before sighing deeply again. "He's the one I love, not you." With shaking hands he removed his rings, pressing them into Grimmjow's hands. "Now get the hell out of my house."
He stood looking at Ichigo in shock, his hands closing over the metal bands. "Is this it? Just like that?"
"Just like that." Ichigo whispered, stepping away from him. "I can't love you anymore. You slept with that girl and I can't just let that go."
"You're blaming the wrong person because it wasn't me." Grimmjow growled, glaring at him. "I want you, not her. She doesn't mean a damn thing to me." When Ichigo didn't respond, he grabbed the man's chin and lifted his head. "I love you and I always will. I'll go now because you're being a stubborn ass and not listening. But don't you dare think for a moment I won't wait for you because I will, no matter how long it takes."
He bent down and kissed Ichigo's forehead, making the younger man exhale shakily and close his eyes, head lifting automatically. Grimmjow frowned, stroking his cheek before kissing him firmly, cupping both sides of his face to keep Ichigo there.
"I will wait for you." He murmured against Ichigo's lips, handing his rings back before leaving the room to go back downstairs. He found the girl, Amy, standing where he left her and she looked up when he came back.
"Is everything ok?" She asked worriedly, looking at the stairs. "That man, is that your husband?"
"You know about him?" Grimmjow asked and she nodded, wrapping her arms around herself.
"Yeah, you said I shouldn't see him. You didn't want him to be in danger."
"Who are you?"
She smiled softly at that, looking at him amusedly. "I'm your sister, remember?"