Episode 4: When It Rains...

M.A.I.D.S. Episode 4 – When It Rains...

A soft tone alerted Pandora that she had received a message. It was not the tone's gentle repetitiveness, however, that roused her from sleep. The realization that she had received a message from Adam was what interested her enough to wake her. Even though she had just been born she knew that it was highly unusual for a Synthia to receive a message from its owner.

Pandora sat up in the bed and stretched her arms and neck. The bedroom sensors tracked her movements and vitals, adjusting the lights accordingly. The bed she sat on altered its programming from sleep-mode to a general comfort-oriented routine, suitable for someone sitting or lying on the bed without the intention to slumber. Pandora giggled, thinking the bed felt good under her buttocks.

___________________
May 10, 2175 at 2107

Eve:

I placed a repair order for you. I cannot rescind the order, but I should be home before the repairman arrives.

I want to talk to you.

Adam
___________________

Adam's Synthia glanced at the time display on her computer, seeing that it was 2310. Pandora also noted with a wry smile that her beer was gone, and she was completely sober. She swung her shapely legs over the edge of the bed, again giggling as the sleeping surface reconfigured itself for her utmost comfort.

I must not have noticed Adam sent me a message earlier because I was preoccupied with his books and beer. What a delightful evening my first evening turned out to be!

Looking down at her leg, she saw the gash she'd inflicted on herself earlier had healed up, the only remaining proof the red smear on her leg. Pandora poked her thigh where the wound should have been, causing herself to wince. Her leg was still tender, but the skin had healed.

Fast healing? How marvelous!

With a little hop, Pandora stood up and looked at herself in the full-length mirror. The blood on her leg bothered her, so Pandora took a quick shower. Toweling off, she couldn't help but admire her reflection. She twisted and contorted her body this way and that, admiring her form from every possible angle while simultaneously marveling at her flexibility. The biomechanical woman kicked, jumped, posed, and spun for her amusement. Pandora tried on different facial expressions, fooled with her hair, and then repeated the process in various states of undress. Pandora was thoroughly pleased by what the mirror revealed, and she decided with finality that she liked the emotion.

Well, the evening wasn't perfect, she thought wryly, but I can fix that. When Adam comes home I will perform my conjugal duties to him to the utmost of my ability.

Pandora's mental vow was met with two sudden thoughts that popped into her head like bullet points in a memo:

· Sexual skillsets of Synthia "Eve" far exceed sexual experience and readiness level of Owner. Caution must be exercised to avoid injury while engaged in sexual activity. Recommended course of action: acclimate Owner to Synthia over several sessions, slowly building endurance, experience, and tolerance.

· Conjugal duties? Where did that term come from?

"Well that was odd. Or was it? Is that how we all think? My thoughts didn't come to me so structured before. And now I'm talking to myself," Pandora babbled. She thought for a moment, then decided that she had a lovely voice.

Of course I do. Adam wouldn't have made me otherwise.

Pandora returned to the kitchen, although this time she imbibed water instead of beer. She thrilled at the feeling of the icy water within her as it rehydrated her cells, actually feeling the process in such a way as humans very rarely do.