Chapter 20

"Abigail you need to leave. You can't stay with him."

"Hey! No one ever said you can talk chap!" One of the huge men was about to hit Caldwell but Abigail stood up and grabbed his hand.

"No one can hurt him!" The man grunted and shoved Abigail against the seat.

"But no one said anything about you." He stood up and started to reach for Abigail but Caldwell punched the guy in the side.

"You're a dead man." The man headed toward Caldwell but Abigail pulled her shoe off and threw it at him.

"Leave him alone!"

"Little Bitch!" He swung at her but Caldwell pulled him back and slugged him across the jaw.

"You leave her alone!" The carriage stopped and Tynan opened the door angrily.

"What's going on in here?!"

"This man tried to hit Caldwell!" Tynan looked at the man with a deadly look.

"Kronk I said not to touch him."

"He hit me so I was just protecting myself. Until this little bitch-

"He tried to attack Abigail! I won't stand around when someone tries to put their hands on my woman."

"You tried to hit the girl?" Kronk didn't say anything and Tynan look at Abigail.

"Did he hurt you?"

"I'm fine."

"What'd he do to you?"

"Nothing."

"So he didn't try to hit you." Abigail didn't say anything. She knew if she did Kronk would die.

"So you lied." Before anyone knew it Tynan pulled a gun out and shot Caldwell in the arm. Caldwell grabbed his arm and hissed in pain.

"You promised not to hurt him!"

"He lied. I don't like liers."

"But he didn't!"

"So Kronk did attempt to hurt you."

"He didn't hurt me."

"Aw that's not what I asked." Tynan looked over to Kronk and shot him between the eyes. Abigail screamed and covered her mouth as Kronk's lifeless body hit the floor.

"Consider this a warning to who ever goes after the girl again." Tynan smiled and ordered one of the other two men inside the carriage to dispose of Kronk's body.

****

"Abigail...." She didn't move she just stared at the spot as they removed the body. Caldwell grunted but moved next to her.

"Abigail...."

"They....Killed him."

"Shh darling don't think about it." He pulled her to his side with his good arm. She buried her head in his shoulder and began to cry. Caldwell sat their wishing he could have avoided this. He wished Abigail never got involved with him because now she was scarred with the evil of this world.

"Shh darling I'll fix this I promise."

"But I won't see you again!" She didn't lift her head but he knew her eyes were full of pain.

"Yes you will," He lowered his voice. "I'll make sure he never has you Abigail. Trust me."

"I'm scared he'll hurt you."

"I've dealt with worse in the past."

"Really? Will you tell me?"

"Once everything is settled here I'll tell you anything you wish to know." He traced her lips with his finger and whipped the tears away.

"Alright Caldwell." Abigail laid next to him for a while then sat up quickly and looked at him.

"Your arm!" She tried to touch it but he shook his head. "What can I do to help you?" He sighed.

"I need you to tie a piece of cloth right under the wound tightly. Can you do that for me darling?"

"Of course." She picked up the hem of her dress and tried to rip it but Caldwell took his sleeve and ripped it off and handed it to her.

"Don't ruin that dress. I think you beautiful in it." Abigail blushed and tied the sleeve on his arms.

"Caldwell I'm sorry you go hurt."

"Shh darling. It's fine." His eyes became serious. "Just do whatever you need to protect the baby." Abigail touched her stomach and nodded.

"Well! Isn't this a lovely scene? But everything comes to its end and now has yours. Oh I men't this!" Tynan reached in and dragged Caldwell out by the collar. Abigail rushed after them but Caldwell closed the door.

"Stay down Abigail!" She peeked and saw Caldwell shoved against the ground, landing on his hurt shoulder.

"How sweet of you to want to protect you're DARLING from your demise." Tynan pulled out a pistol and aimed it at Caldwell's head.

"Well I guess this is good bye." Than a shot of a pistol sounded across the skys. And whole earth became silent.

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading my story so far but hang tight it's not over yet! So please vote and comment on the up coming event! Will Caldwell die? Who know your just going to have to keep reading to find out!