part 7

"Hey guys can you come here for a second?" Gerard called out, his voice echoing through the walls of our small house that the band all shared together.

I rose up from the couch and wandered over to where Gerard was standing, letter in hand next to the small table beside the front door of our house. For some unknown reason I felt nervous all of a sudden, why did he want to talk to us all together, we weren't due for another band meeting for at least a few more days, and it wasn't scheduled for today.

"Hey Gerard, what do you need to talk to us about?' I asked once all the other guys had made their way over to where we were.

He quickly turned around to face us, making sure the letter he was holding wasn't visible behind his back, clamped firmly in his hands. Why was he being so secretive? I could feel a scowl creep onto my face, but i pressed it out and pretended to smile, even though i hated it when someone was obviously hiding something from me or anyone else.

"I wanted you all to be here when i told you because it affects all of us" He began, "as we've started our very own band, My Chemial Romance, and we only recently sent of our demo album to the record company..." he paused, looking at each of our faces in turn.

I felt a drop in my stomach, he was here to tell us all our album had been rejected, I bet that was why we were all together, so we could all get it shoved back into our faces as a failure, together.

"They accepted our first album" he said, beaming proudly and finally producing the letter that had a large 'congratulations' plastered on the front of it. Holy fuck, they actually liked what we produced, they liked our music!

"Wow, I'm actually suprised" Mikey said, "This is great!"

"It seems a bit surreal" Ray said, being the most quiet out of all of us after that announcement.

"We're finally a complete band, this is real now, holy fuck!" Bob exclaimed, running his hands through his hair and sighing.

This definately felt surreal, as Ray had mentioned, I guess it would just take a while for the news to sink in, that we were actually going to be soon recognised as a band. My Chemical Romance, us, that was us now, we were finally getting our lucky break to show the world what we believed in and spoke for, our meaning would soon be getting across.

I felt so overjoyed at that moment, not caring about the consequences, I walked up to Gerard and hugged him. Not just a quick hug, a long one, that lasted more than five seconds. Suprisingly, he hugged me back.