Fire With Emerald Eyes

The young necromancer turned and was met with a pair of perfectly emerald green eyes, the emerald green eyes of a young girl about the same age as the group with tan skin and deep raven hair tipped in a fiery orange, gold, and all the colors of the brilliant sunset that often fell over the land that was set in waves with a gold headband set with fiery red gems set in it.
"Who are you and what are you doing watching us?" asked Airec, stormy grey eyes meeting her green ones.
"I-I'm sorry for snooping around....... my name's Oriel Flamorem, by the way." The girl whispered, picking at the red fabric of her dress.
"Oriel, huh, you were named for the flame." Sage said, suspicion showing through her voice, "Why are you here anyway?"
"I-I was following the necromancer." Oriel said quietly, "I-I was just wondering where he was going."
"And why were you wondering about that?" Airec asked, his voice softening when he heard the fear in the slightly younger teen's voice.
"I-I knew that you were friends with my cousin, and I was just wondering if he might be here." replied the younger girl, locking eyes with Chase who had a shocked look plastered on his face.
"I-I don't have a cousin with the last name of Flamorem!" Chase said before thinking a bit, "Than again, Dad did have a sister that he never talked about."
"If he never spoke of her, than how do you know about her?" Asked the young brunet.
"I-I read about her somewhere..........h-her name was Elenore, and, from what I've read, and from what I've read, she was disowned for falling for a man, a pyromancer, named Edan, and the two of them where burned alive." the young brunet stated. The younger teen gave a sad smile and looked down slightly, "Those were your parents weren't they?"
"Y-yeah......." Oriel muttered, looking over an amulet that hung around her neck that was a shining silver with a fiery orange gem in the center.
"Woah, y-your backstory sounds a bit like mine.......... a-and isn't that necklace studded with a blood amethyst?" Sage inquired, looking over the amulet. Oriel nodded, not meeting the sorceress's eyes since she sensed an extremely strong power coming from the older teen. "Perhaps you can help me with suading my older brother in his opinion of the Solaces."
"It is hard to change someone's thoughts if they fully hate one; even more if it is a whole family." Oriel muttered, twiddling her thumbs as she stared at the grass covered ground beneath her feet.
"C-could you at least try?" whispered the young sorceress, looking up with pleading brown eyes.
"I-I could try......... Why does your brother hate my cousins anyway?" inquired the green-eyed teen, looking over the slightly older brunet who suddenly became deathly silent. The fact that no one was speaking, unnerved Emrick slightly, and he opened his mouth like he was going to say something, but he stayed silent as the air became slightly denser between the magic user and the pyromancer's daughter.
"Sage here's parents were burned at the stake by Pastor Gregory, and her brother saw it all happen at a really young age." Emrick finally blurted out when he could no longer hold in the words. All eyes were on the half fairy teen, well all eyes except for those of the young sorceress who had fled the space once the words left his lips. Oriel snuck away from the group and followed the teary-eyed teen, eventually finding her sitting on a rock that hung just over a crystal clear lake that spread from one rocky bank to another with a fierce yet beautiful waterfall that ran with frothing white water at the further bank. Sage's deep brown ringed with purple eyes were cloudy with tears as she stared down into the lakes clear surface, watching as whatever lived in that lake swam by.
"You okay?" Oriel asked, going over and sitting next to the slightly older teen.
"I'm fine....." Sage muttered, not looking up. Oriel took pity on the older girl, and wrapped an arm around her shoulder in a comforting way. "I just wish that the whole hatred thing didn't exist........ before it came along, Seto and I were so close, but once he found out about everything, he started to become more distant, for a while he even stopped talking to me, and the last thing that he said was that he didn't like me hanging out with Chase. I just want my kind, caring, and supportive older brother back."
"I know how you feel," Oriel said, forming a flame in her hand and casting it into the lake, "It's the same way with me and my other older cousin, Garin, he found out that I was born a pyromancer like my father, and I haven't seen him since, I miss him a lot."
"Was his name Garin Tatrion?" Sage inquired, biting back a fact that could destroy the younger sorceress.
"Y-Yeah, why?" The green-eyed teen replied, her voice wavering.
"W-well, h-he was the one of the hydromancers that was hung for what the people said was dabbling in dark matters. I'm so sorry, Oriel......" Whispered the brunet, laying a hand on the younger girl's shoulder. Oriel's heart shattered once she heard those words, but she managed to keep the tears in.
"I-I just need to let that sink in, just need to cool off." Oriel squeaked before slipping off of the ledge and into the lake. The young girl's head poked back out of the water, giggling slightly and shaking the water out of her raven hair.
"Hey, your eyes glowed orange for a moment." Sage exclaimed.
"Yeah, of course they did." Oriel chirped, "This isn't any normal water, it's a lake that was enchanted by a hydromancer, necromancer, and straight up sorcerer or sorceress; it's basically made of pure magic at this point, so it stimulates the powers of any magic user like us."
"Oh, I've heard of these before!" Sage gasped, skimming the water with her pale fingers, "I've read that if someone comes around one of these with an Alconeon gem at midnight on the eve of someone's death they could see that person in the water."
"Huh, Garin told me that too......" Oriel said before diving back under the crystal clear water and resurfacing at the other end, "He probably would've loved this place."
"He's actually the one that showed this place to Joel; Garin was Joel's mentor and best friend for a while." Sage said, looking into the water just as a deep purple fish leapt from it's depths and swam over to intertwine itself with a golden scaled fish of the same species.
"Oh, than did Garin or your brother ever tell you that if you ever come here with an Alconeon Crystal at midnight of any night you have the chance of actually finding your soul mate?" Oriel said with a sly smirk, "You and that Chase boy would make an adorable couple you know."
"Probably not," Sighed the brunet, "I don't want to lose my brother's trust more than I already have."
"Well," Added the raven haired teen, "If someone dips a mirror in these waters they can transfer power into that mirror, the power to see someone's true heart." The older teen's eyes widened in shock as thoughts began to run through her head, and a plan formed, a plan to quell the hatred and to cure her relationship with her older brother.
"This could be of use to me than." Sage said with a small smile, but that faded as another thought came to her mind, "But than again, Seto hates it when people use magic against him, so this could just make the rift between us larger than what it already is."
"It's your choice, but just between you and me, it looks like he just needs someone to set his heart right." Oriel said. Sage looked down, watching the bright purple fish swimming around as she thought of what her next move in this game would be.