Could There Be Light?

The town square was quiet as usual as the spiky-haired blond sketched a small picture of a candle, perched on the stairs of the church. quiet footsteps sounded, soon stopping beside the teen. 

"What're you doing here?" mumbled Brice, not looking up from his drawing. The young brunette gave a shaky sigh.

"I came to apologize for how rashly I've been acting." Seto replied. Blue eyes met brown as the air became thickly silent between the two. An unspoken understanding began to form between them, but the walls still held.

"You don't have to apologize," mumbled the blond, "I would be like that too if it were me. Hatred is an understandable thing when it comes to something like that." The silence returned as the young brunette sat next to the older teen. Brice's eyes drifted back to the drawing. Seto's chocolate eyes followed the blond's line of sight, and soon his eyes widened in amazement at the drawing. Perfect lines were drawn with a precise hand as the candle seemed to leap of the page; it's flame so intricate that the young sorcerer could practically feel the heat from it. 

"It's beautiful," Seto commented, breaking the silence. A small smile tugged at Brice's lips, but the blond said nothing. Compliments on his drawings were rare things for the teen since his dad always pushed humility in the house, causing Brice to often hide his drawings and his talents from all those around him. Brice felt the light weight of a small hand being put on his shoulder, and he looked over at the younger teen. 

"Thanks, but it's just a little sketch I did..." Mumbled the blue-eyed teen. A small smile tugged at the younger boy's lips at his modesty.

"You seem nothing like your father," Seto mentioned offhandedly, "Shouldn't you hate me for being how I am?"

"Well for one," Brice started, " It says in John 15: 12, This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."

"And that's in the Bible?" Seto inquired, the doubt showing through in his eyes. Brice nodded slightly.

"Not only that, but it's also a command, so I usually take special care to follow it. It's hard sometimes cos', you know, human, but lately I've managed" replied the blond with a stunning smile.

"And your dad?" questioned the younger boy, a look of detestation across his pale features, "He's a pastor, isn't he, so why does he not follow these commands?"

"That's a more complicated thing... I didn't learn it from him anyway, but it was my elder brother who taught me it." 

"So your brother is extremely close to you as well than?"

"Yeah, he is more like a father to me than my real dad. My parents are always out, and it's usually just my brothers, the servants, and I."

"Servants? Yeash! how rich is your family?" exclaimed the younger teen, eyes wide and mouth agape. 

"Not that rich, most of our money just comes from donations from random parishioners."replied the older, absentmindedly picking at the pages of his sketchbook, "The servants are always watching, and that's why we're usually stuck there." Seto tilted his head lightly as he looked at the older teen, not noticing the light blush that dusted his features at the adorable gesture from the young sorcerer. before either of them could speak again, two horses galloped through the town square, one a snowy white carrying a girl with wavy brown hair and the other a black horse with a young boy astride it.

"You get yours, I'll get mine," giggled the younger, and in a moment of silent agreement, the two took off after their siblings. The frantic chase was for naught, however as the two laughing riders only accelerated their mounts. With ac look of chagrin, Seto grabbed Brice's wrist and teleported the two of them up onto an elevated hill beside the path of the horses.

"Jump, I'm guessing?"

"Yup, on three and please try to aim for the right horse." Seto said, but before he could even begin the countoff, a slim hand grabbed his ankle and pulled him down onto the white horse. A scream caught in the boys throat as he fell, but soon he regained his composure and took the reins from his sister and stopping the horse. Brice was close behind atop the black horse that belonged to Chase.

"And another point for the younger siblings!" Chase cheered. Brice however, did not look amused as he got off the horse.

"Joel and Mel invented the idea, not us!" squeaked Sage as she noticed Seto's cross look.

"You could've gotten yourselves or one of us killed with a stunt like that, Sage! If you ever-" Seto began before launching himself into a long rant.

"But no one was hurt in it!" Whined Sage, messing with the hem of your cloak.

"Just don't try it again, okay, I don't think that Joel or Mel would be pleased if either of you were hurt in a stunt like that, and I know for a fact that Seto and I wouldn't be." Brice said, his voice softening slightly. Seto shot the blond a grateful smile, and the two exchanged thanks before leaving to their homes.

"You have interest in the blond boy?" squealed the younger brunette, eyes glittering. The older rolled his eyes and chuckled at his younger sisters adorable antics.

"No, I'm not really sure about that yet, but he does seem kind..." replied the young sorcerer, a small smile creeping onto his face. Sage stopped in her tracks and looked over at him.

"You're talking to me normally again and not being over-protective for the first time in ages!" gasped the girl, running over and hugging her older brother.

"Well, since I see now that you might be right about them, I thought I'd lighten up a bit on you." Seto replied. The joy that glittered in Sage's eyes was worth the world to the young sorcerer, and he mentally cursed himself for ever taking that glow away.

"So," Sage began, "What made you realize the truth about them?"

"I'm not fully sure if it's the truth, but I see something different, like maybe, possibly, there could be some light in them."