Imagine ~ Bofur

Being the only girl on a quest with fifteen males was really a challenge. If anything, the only bright side was Bofur. Sure, being a dwarf yourself and kin to Thorin, you were used to such things, but you did need some privacy for some things, which was the one things these dwarves didn't understand.

"Give the lass some space," Bofur says one day when he sees that your temper is rising.

Your brothers, Kili and Fili, who normally kept them in line, are on watch, leaving you to fend for yourself.

"Thank you," you say as you went to wash up in the river. When you were finally clean, you came back to see Bofur standing there with his arms folded across his chest.

"Did you stand guard?" you ask. He nods. "Did you look?"

"Of course not," he says with a sly grin and a wink. You shake your head and walk past him, back to camp.

That night, when Bofur is on watch, you get up slowly from your place between your brothers and step over Fili. He shifts in his sleep and you freeze, before he goes still again. You tiptoe over to Bofur and sit next to him.

"I just wanted to say thank you," you say. "For everything. The others can be a little... overwhelming sometimes. But it's bearable because of you and my brothers."

"You're welcome," he says. Over the past few weeks, you've slowly fallen in love with him. You know that he lives with Bifur and Bombur as a bachelor, but he is older than you.

Slowly, Bofur takes your hand. You look at him in shock and open your mouth to say something when he puts a finger to his lips, glancing over at the others, as Glóin rolls over in his sleep.

He starts to lean in, giving you plenty of space and time to turn away but you don't, and you with a pounding heart. His lips meet yours and you place an hand on his arm. 

You pull back and move so that you're sitting between his legs. You rest your head against his chest and smile, sighing as you fall asleep in his arms.

You're awakened hours later by Kili yelling, "Oi! What do you think you're doing with my sister?!"

You jump up to see Kili standing there, glaring at Bofur with his sword stretched out. 

"Kili, put the sword down," you beg.

"Not until he promises to never touch you again," Kili growls as Bofur puts his hands up.

"Kili, put the sword down," Thorin repeats for you. "If (Y/N) wants to court Bofur, she can. She's old enough to make her own decisions."

Kili stares at your uncle, trying to figure out if he heard him right. "You're not going to do anything about it?"

"Go back to bed, Kili. Or now that you're up, maybe you'd like to take the next watch," Thorin says. Kili flops down on the ground, obviously not happy. Thorin, being up as well, takes over the watch, and after a quick good night peck from Bofur, you take your place between your brothers.