Chapter 10

Sophia's POV

"Sophie?" I hear a women's voice whisper as my eye still tries to open. "Sophie, baby?" I open my eyes a little, seeing a blurry figure in front of me. "Sophie?" She tries again.

My eyes open, my vision clearing up. "Mom," I say hoarsely. "Where...where is he. Where's E-Edward?" I ask her, my throat feeling dry. "He's asleep, he never leaves," Mom says to me as she nods her head to where Edward is 'sleeping' on the hospital couch.

"Bella! What about Bella?" I ask urgently, trying to sit up.

"Bella's fine sweetie, she's in the room next door," She whispers to me as I feel her hands caress mine. "And your dad, he's in the cafeteria," She tells me. I nod my head slowly. "What happened?" I ask her, my vision going blurry for a second.

"Well, when you fell, you broke your arm and your wrist and you lost a lot of blood. Bella broke her leg," She tells me as I slowly try to put the pieces together. "You don't remember any of this do you?" She asks me, a confused look on my face. I shake my head no.

"Edward came down with his dad, to persuade you and Bella to come back to Forks. You and Bella went over to their hotel, and Bella tripped, I guess you tried to help her, you both fell through two flights of stairs," She tells me sadly, tears forming in her eyes.

"Went through a window," She blubbers.

"Yeah, the sounds like us...Bella is clumsy, me saving her," I say as I glance at Edward before looking back at my mom. "Oh, honey. Honey, I'm so sorry," She sighs as she caresses my head. She stops at the sound of her phone vibrating. "It's Phil, he's so worried about you guys," She says as starts to text him back.

"You're texting," I say astonishingly. "Finally, yeah," She says looking at her phone.

"Told him to stay down in Florida. Oh, honey, you are going to love Jacksonville," She gushes to me. "It's sunny every day, and we found the cutest little house, and you get your bathroom-" She tells me before I interrupt her.

"Mom, I still want to live in Forks, stay with Daddy," I say to her, her face crumbling. "What?" She questions softly, almost as if she didn't hear me. "I still want to live in Forks," I tell her, making emphasis on Forks. "Okay, but-but we'll talk about it," She says to me quietly, smoothing down my hair.

"Do you mind getting dad?" I ask her, tears forming in my eyes as I remember what Bella and I said to him. "I have to apologize," I tell her sadly.

"Okay baby," I'll go get him...and I'll get a nurse okay?" She says as she kisses my forehead before getting up. "Okay," I whisper in response, seeing her leave the room. I look over to see Edward with his head up, eyes open. "So...what happens, w-where's James?" I ask him hurriedly. He gets up from the couch, walks over to my hospital bed, and takes the chair my mom was previously in.

"We took care of him. And the women Victoria, she ran off," He tells me softly, his face full of sorrow. "I'm alive because of you...Bella's alive because of you," I say tenderly. "No. You both are in here because of me," He says, anger in his voice.

"The worst...part..of it...was...I thought I wasn't going to be able to stop," He says.

"But you did stop," I tell him, feeling a strange sensation in my mouth, and a headache forming. "Soph...you've got to go to Jacksonville, so I can't hurt you anymore," He says making me widen my eyes in shock.