#21 Video games.

Niall: I down, eyes focused, and fingers ready. “You ready, Niall?” I asked. “I was born ready,” he answered, “Modern Warfare here we go!” The entertainment room was quiet, something that doesn’t happen. There was a rivalry between you and Niall. He’d beaten you, you’d beaten him so the stakes were high and the tension was palpable. “Sh*t I’m caught in the cross fire. I’m gonna die. Fine Niall, you win. I lose,” I said with disgust. “Told you so. Although you did put up a good fight,” he complimented, “C’mere.” He reached for my wrist, pulling me towards him and kissing me on the cheek. “I’ll beat you next time,” I laughed, “I just let you win.

Louis: “Oh sh*t yn the cops are after us!” Louis exclaimed veering the car to make the sharp turn. “What do you want me to do about it?” I asked. “Have them follow you instead!” he called. We were the middle of a heated game of Need for Speed: Most Wanted.  I drifting round the bend, in the process, crashing my car. “I’m screwed,” I muttered while Louis just laughed. “Funny because it looks like you’re going to crash into me.” Louis just comprehended what I was saying, realizing it was too late to turn around and go another way. “Looks like we’ll get arrested together,” he smiled. 

Liam: “It’s on like Doney Kong!” Liam said in his most dramatic tone. “Oh really. Well, I have three older brothers so, ya know, I actually don’t suck at video games,” I responded. “Well let’s see who wins,” Liam snapped. It was Friday night when we decided to play FIFA 13.  Bayern Munich vs. FC Madrid. After about 15 long minutes me, Bayern Munich, came out on top. “Bayern Munich ownes! Take that Payne!” I chanted. “That was a fluke. Play me again and I’ll show you a real champion plays,” Liam taunted. To my dismay, I lost the rematch. 

Zayn: “Zayn. Hey Zayn. Zzzaayynnn!” I droned, “Zayn, want to do something fun?” “Not now, babe. I’m too busy playing Halo,” he responded, his eyes glued to the T.V.,  and his fingers in a frenzy. “I just want to do something with you,” I looked sheepishly at my toes. “Here,” Zayn said while tossing me a controller, “Sit. I’ll teach you how to play. It’s not too hard.” I  sat down and gripped the controller awkwardly in my hands. “So how do I move around and jump and kill space stuff?” I asked, suddenly engaged. Sighing, “We’ll get to killing ‘space stuff’, but I first have to show you how to do the basics,” answered.

Harry: It was a casual Friday evening when I decided to play Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood. I loved Assassin’s Creed! I’ve played and owned every game, but Brotherhood was my favorite by far. “What are you doing yn,” Harry questioned from the kitchen. “Playing Brotherhood,” I called over my shoulder. “Again? Is it really that addicting?” Harry wondered. I paused the game, stood up slowly, dragged him to the couch, and gave him the controller. “Have fun,” I said. Harry picked it up and quickly caught onto the game, playing for the next 7 hours. “Who’s addicted now?”