Repay With Protection

"Whoo hoo!" someone yelled from across the room.

   Half of the tables were nice and neat while the others were completely insane. Mikasa sat still by herself while a huge hullabaloo came to be next to her. She glanced at the enormous huddle and rolled her eyes. Armin attempted to look over the crowd to see who it was. Even when he stood on his toes, their faces weren't in his sight.

   "Who is it this time?" he asked Jean as he gave up on trying to see.

   "Oh, Eren is trying to pick a fight with Leonhart. Bad idea, if I do say so myself."

   They both gave a slight chuckle at the duo of fighters. Everyone but Eren knew that she could take him down with one finger. Her hand-to-hand combat skills were much greater than any other trainee. Even Jaeger's rage and power couldn't beat her.

   "I sure will do it! With one punch, I'll win in an instant!" Eren laughed with arrogance.

   Suddenly, he hit the floor with a loud bang, sending a gasp out of Armin's mouth. I must go to help him. To protect him. It will be a small price to repay after all the sacrifices he has made for me alone, Armin thought to himself. Eren sounded very injured, with crude exclamations flying everywhere.

   "Ow! Dammit Annie! You didn't have to hit me that hard!"

   And with that, he hobbled back to Mikasa's table, while Annie smirked at her accomplishment. Realizing that he had done nothing to stop the fight, Armin strided disappointedly to his best friends' table to sneak one more snack. After asking if Eren was alright, he was relieved to hear that he was fine.