Into The Nest

The first thing Dean noticed was the smell... The rotting, putrid metallic tinge that could only mean blood. And it burnt his nose, or was it the steady stream of blood dripping out of it? Next was the pounding on his forehead, the tightness which indicated that a considerably big bruise was forming... He had a bruise?

He had been hit?

He had been hit.

How? Why? Dean went to hold his head but didn't get very far, his arms were stuck.

Dean opened his eyes slowly and as his fuzzy vision sharpened he realised what predicament he was in. He pulled his arms more violently and the clang of chains echoed throughout the room. A room that had blood splattered up the walls and more chains hanging from the ceiling, each rusted and most dinted and broken. All except the ones that had Dean pinned to the wall, great.

What had happened? He'd been on a hunt... But how had he ended up chained to a wall, and not in the kinky way?

.oO0 Earlier in the day 0Oo.

"Dean, so, get this, there have been numerous disappearances and murders in Elk City." Sam said as he dumped himself down in a chair opposite the elder, sleeping Winchester.

Dean groaned and pretended to still be asleep, then decided against it. "Probably just regular problems the local sheriff can sort out."

Sam laughed slightly, "Not if the sheriff is locked up on the murder charge."

Dean raised his brow but still didn't lift his head. "Happens more than you think, Sammy." He turned away from his younger brother trying in vain to get back to sleep.

"Yeah, defiantly." Sam looked at his computer again. "They always drain the victim of their blood."

Dean stretched and sat up in his seat. "That's not normal."

Sam immediately turned to Dean, sporting one of his bitch faces and sighed overdramatically, "You think?"

Sam looked back to his laptop and carried on reading through the article.

"The quiet town of Elk City, Kansas, has been shaken by the recent development in the disappearances of a few of the locals. Sheriff Tony Grayson is now being held under suspicion of kidnapping and charged with murder of Jessi Blake; one of the people who has disappeared."

All Sam got in response was a grunt and the sound of snoring. In return, Sam kicked Dean. "Did you even listen?"

Dean jumped with a snort, "Yes, yeah, I heard. People disappeared, people died. Usual Tuesday."

"It sounds like our type of thing." Sam said with annoyance edging is voice.

"What sounds like your type of thing?" Came a tired voice.

Cas walked over to the table, his eyes had bags under them and even though he was an angel, he looked as though he could really use a good nights sleep.

"Good morning, Cas." Dean mumbled as he cracked open a beer that had been left on the table from the night prior.

Cas gave a disapproving look at Deans decision for breakfast. "Really?"

Dean frowned and stared at the beer bottle, then back to Cas. "Oh well, it's 6:00pm somewhere." He took a swig of his drink.

"Cas, you should really get some sleep." Sam said, not turning around. "I can practically hear your lack of sleep."

"You cannot hear a persons lack of sleep." Cas stated, sporting his signature wince and tilt of the head.

.oO00Oo.