One magical day

It's the 3rd of July 2014. Today is a very important day. Katy is coming to Miami, the city I live in. And I'm gonna risk my life and go see her, without my parents knowing. By the way... my name is Lisa, I'm ten years old. I know, way too young to attend a concert. But I'm a KatyCat. I love Katy, soooo much and I'm gonna do everything to see her today.
Suddenly the door of my room opens and my dad comes in and yells at me, as always: "LISA! IT'S 7 AM GET UP! YOU HAVE TO MAKE BREAKFAST AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR BROTHER, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" "I'm sorry dad, I'm getting up immediately." I reply. Usually I would feel angry, very angry and hurt when he talks to me like that. But today, I don't care. Today, I'm seeing Katy Perry. The woman who has helped me through so much and who I feel like is the only person on this planet who likes me, although she doesn't know me.
I shower and get dressed quickly, then I go to my baby brother Sam's crib, take him out slowly, put him into his baby chair and give him food. Then I prepare breakfast.

An hour later, my parents come in to have breakfast since they have to leave for work. My mom is reading the news on her iPhone. In her ugly bitchy voice she says: "oh look! Katy Perry is in town!" my dad gives her a very dark look, as if he told her to shut up. "why would you care about Katy and her childish, dumb songs..." he replies. But why? What is wrong with Katy?
My parents get ready to leave. "so we'll be back tomorrow since we're going to Orlando. You stay here, don't go out, and take care of Sam. And if anything goes wrong, that means I take your phone away for the next two month." my mom warns me.

I'm used to this. It's been like this, always. I don't get it... are all children treated like this? What about Katy. She would never treat anyone that way.
My parents left. My brother is asleep. That means, I can leave too. To go see Katy.

I put on my prettiest dress, a little sunflower dress, and cheap cat ears I once found at school and took with me.
I grab my bagpack, put in a water bottle, some energy bars, a blanket and my phone and then exit the house and head to the concert venue.

I arrived. It's 9.30 am, only 10 people are queing so far, great. I sit behind them, on my blanket. Now I have to wait 8 hours until we get inside.

[8 hours later]
IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! WE'RE GETTING INSIDE! I'm about to get in, but a security guard stops me and asks me "where is your ticket?"

Then, I realise.. I don't have a ticket... How am I going to get in!?

I back up, then I see that the security guard is looking into the opposite direction so I run inside as fast as I can. I run and run and run, then stop because I've arrived... inside the reflection section of the gigantic stage! I start squealing out of excitement and happiness. Is this really happening? I have really made it! I am going to see my favorite person for the first time! Tears start streaming down my face, I am so incredibly happy. I slide onto the floor. Someone taps me on the shoulder. "Um.. hi, are you okay?" a soft voice asks me. I turn around.
It's a young, about 14 year old girl with brown hair and blue eyes and a shirt saying "Katy is my mom!"
"yeah... I'm great thanks! It's just I can't believe I am here!! It's incredible!"
"aw I understand you sweetie, it's the fifth show I attend, and I still don't think it's real haha."
"what!?? fifth show?? Are you a KatyCat?"
"yeah! and you? By the way, my name is Jessica."
"me too!! nice to meet you, I'm Lisa! and um.. is Katy really your mom?" I ask, confused, pointing at Jessica's shirt.
"hahahha no she's not, I wish though! But all KatyCats call Katy their mom, it's a thing we made and she knows about it."
"oh okay! I wish Katy was my mom too! Because my real mom is so rude and I can't stand her anymore..."

[Jessica's POV]
"aww... but..." I say
"but what?"
"nothing" I answer, giving Lisa a smile. She shucks and turns around, facing the stage.
Lisa looks so tiny and fragile... as if she was really treated in a wrong way. But she seems so happy right now. I want to help her, but I don't know how... maybe - oh wait...
the lights have turned off. The show is starting.

----------

So I hope you enjoyed this first chapter... it's not very special yet but wait for it, there will be a lot of surprises and intense moments in the next chapters!
thanks for reading this!!
xx Anna