Nightmares

(KATYS POV)

The door opens and a tall man comes in: "LISA! HERE YOU ARE!" He yells. Oh my god. I know him. It's him. James. No. This can't be. I just stand there, in shock, as all the memories from the past suddenly come flooding back. Lisa runs over to me and holds onto me tightly. She's just as scared as I am. She's scared of her own father. 

"James... James look I can explain - " I stutter. Lisa looks at me with her big blue eyes, as if she wanted me to protect her, she wanted me to do something. And she's right, I have to.

"I'm listening, Katheryn." He says in his deep, scary voice. "I - I ... can I talk to you under four eyes? Please. Let me talk to you." I ask shyly. He nods his head and takes me to a small room right next to my dressing room, leaving Lisa all alone. 

Once we're all alone, he's taken over by his anger. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE WITH MY DAUGHTER? I TOLD YOU I DONT WANT YOU TO EVER COME ANYWHERE CLOSE TO HER. SHE WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT YOU IF YOU DIDN'T CHOOSE TO BECOME A GODDAMN POPSTAR."

His words hit me so hard that I gain my confidence back and finally say what I wanted to say.

"HEY LISTEN! First of all! She's not just YOUR daughter. And judging by the way you treat her, she soon won't be your daughter legally anymore anyway! YOU JERK. ITS ALL YOUR FAULT. I know you never really wanted Lisa. I give you this one chance. You know very well that you can't take care of a 10 year-old girl. Just let me take care of her and you'll have no more worries, I promise you."

"WHAT? NO. NEVER. NEVER KATHERYN!" He runs out of the room and I run after him. He picks Lisa up, she starts screaming and crying. "NOOO I WANT TO STAY WITH KATY PLEASE DAD LET ME STAY WITH HER" It's breaking my heart, and I can't do anything but also cry. "I LOVE YOU LISA!" I scream before James runs outside, holding Lisa so tightly that she can barely move.

I slide down on the floor and instantly my eyes fill up with tears. I cry, cry and cry. This is a real nightmare. This can't be real. He can't just take Lisa away from me. I didn't even have the time to tell her who she really is. I wasn't there to watch her grow up so far, and I won't see her grow up more. 

Then I suddenly remembered something: I had slid a piece of paper into Lisa's backpack. 

It said "Lisa, if you're reading this, it probably means we've been separated. Don't worry, we'll see each other again. It may take a while, but we will. BUT please create yourself a twitter account. Call it 'katycatlisa' . That way I'll find you. Try to use a picture of yourself as your profile picture. I'll recognise you and message you. Please do it, it might be the only solution. Also, always read the news on the internet etc about me, I might find a way to find you again through that. I love you and I'll do everything it takes to find you. xx K"

I had written this earlier when I was waiting for Lisa to come backstage. I hope she'll read this and do what I told her. I get up, walk to the sofa and instantly fall asleep, being extremely exhausted.