Chapter 3: Getting Ready

Elsa's POV:  

I paced across my room, surveying my surroundings. My heart hammering, I walked over to the tall, full length mirror standing in the corner of my bedroom and looked into it. Everything seemed to be in place.

My long, platinum blonde hair was woven into an intricate braid and lay across my shoulder, small diamond-like snowflakes caressing it in certain places. My gown was just as fancy as my coronation gown had been, except this one had carefully designed snowflakes embroidered into the cape. As I stared into the clear glass, my eyes slowly surveyed the rest of my face, traveling from my eye makeup that had been done in bold magenta and violet swirls to my smooth, peachy pink lips. I was all set.

I stared at myself in wonderment. I was so glad to be back here, so glad not to be alone.

My tangled thoughts flashed to my ice castle, at the top of that solitary mountain. Winds blazing through my hair, whipping it into long creamy tangles against the gorgeous horizon as I let loose with my powers. It had been amazing, I'll admit, to feel so free and glorious, not having to worry about anything. I had never felt so carefree........or alone.

My heavy emotions lifted immediately when I thought how Anna had traveled through the same heavy winds and snow, the very things that made me so strong and her so weak, to find me and bring me back home. She meant so much to me, and being back here with her made the events that were going to happen this morning almost bearable...

Someone knocked on the door abruptly, causing me to turn around and stumble over my heavy cape. I straightened myself and walked over to the door, cautiously opening it. To my relief, it was just the maid, letting me know that I had five minutes until the ceremony started.

I thanked her and gratefully closed the door, my pulse quickening and my hands becoming sweaty. This was not the smartest idea, since light snowflakes had started to fall around me and the sweat on my hands froze into frost. Great.

Kristoff's POV:

I couldn't believe this. I just couldn't. She's never lied to me before. I ran my hands angrily through my dirty hair, causing more dirt to fall into my face. In my anger, I had wiped the grime right into my eyes.

"Ahhh!" I yelled. My eyes were burning. Clutching my face, I tried to walk to the nearest wash bowl. I ran right into a wall instead.

I cursed loudly and sat down abruptly, trying to scrub the mess out of my filthy face. Thankfully, my eyes had teared up and washed out the majority of the dirt. Blinking rapidly, I stood up and walked to the wash bowl, which had been a mere five feet from the wall I had run into.

Ice cold water splashed across my face, leaving a cooling sensation in my painful eyes. I looked into the mirror in front of me, surveying my scrubbed red face and raw eyes. Despite the pain and anger at what had just happened, it was nothing compared to what I was feeling inside.

Hot flashes coursed through my body at the rage boiling inside me. My shoulders shook, and I gripped the side of the basin so tightly my knuckles whitened. Breathing heavily, I tried to calm myself down and think this through.

I had a hot temper alright, and Anna always helped me through it. She calmed me down and helped me think clearly. And this time, she wasn't here to help me. She was the cause of this. My thoughts battled with myself, warring with the emotions inside me. Why couldn't she tell me?

I love her so much, and seeing her in pain and lying to me about it was tearing me apart.

I shook my head in an animal-like fashion, and stood up quickly. I didn't have time for this.

I had to get ready.

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! So what do you think? I'll try to update each day so you can continue to read the story! Comment what you think!

Thanks!

Brenna 😍