Chapter 13.

H.P.O.V

The words 'I love you' just echoed in my head. I couldn't speak. I couldn't do anything.. How do I know if he even meant it? I hung up the phone right after he spoke those words. I placed my phone down and I slowly slid down my wall, pulling my knees to my chest. I stared at the carpet in front of me, eventually zoning out. I stayed this way for a good 30 minutes before my sister, Gemma, came to snap me out of it. "Harry, you okay?" She asked, sitting beside me. I shook my head, looking at her, "I haven't been okay for a long time. You and mum haven't noticed because I hide it around you two until I'm alone.." She frowned, putting her arm around me and I hid my face in your shoulder, "Tell me what's bothering you, yeah?" She asked and I sighed, "Promise that you won't think I'm disgusting?" I asked, peeking at her and she nodded, "I promise." I took in a deep breath, sitting up more, "Well, I sort of like Louis.." I spoke, looking at her. "And he found out about it and it didn't go well. And then he called me and said he loved me, but how do I know if he meant it?" I asked and she sat up as well, "Well, it's been a while since you've seen him. Maybe he started to think about things and started to realized that he's liked you deep down. Which means he was hiding it." She said and I slowly nodded. Maybe she's right. "Yeah, maybe." I said, getting up and I held my hand out for her, watching her as she took it and I helped her up. "C'mon, dinner is ready." She said, heading out of my room and walked down the steps. I looked at my phone then I followed behind her, closing my door behind me. When I got into the dining room area, my mum had already served our plates, so I took a seat beside her. I began to eat, not talking much. My mum would look at me then at my sister every now and then. "You two are rather quiet tonight." She spoke and I looked at her, "Sorry, I'm just tired." I spoke, watching her nod in response, "And you Gem?" She asked, meeting gazes with Gemma, "Just nothing to really talk about, I guess." She said, having my mum nod once more in response. After dinner was over, I helped my mum clean up the dining room table and kitchen, then I kissed her on the cheek and headed back up to my rom, checking my phone. I swiped it to the right and I typed in my password, seeing 2 text messages. I hesitated while opening them. They were from Louis. One reading, "Harry, please. We need to talk." and the other, "I understand if you don't think I meant what I said, but please, can we talk?" I bit my lip, hovering my thumbs over the keyboard, but instead, I called him. It rang about three times and then he answered, speaking softly, "Harry I'm sor-.." I cut him off by saying, "I love you too, Louis." He then when silent as well as myself. I waited for the line to go dead, but it never did. We just stayed on the line with nothing but dead silence.