"You Failed!"

It was only once that we lost the Intelligence. It was only once that they'd managed to secure it. I'd only managed to just finish unpacking things when they busted in, guns ablaze. I couldn't move fast enough. I'd already had a charge going but they were already leaving our base with the briefcase. Mediguns were lighter than they looked, but I still managed to stumble as I kept attempting to run with it. Shots fired and the world was passing in a blur around me. Scout zipped past me once, running after the BLU Scout that had the briefcase strapped to his back, but the BLU Demo had quickly set up sticky bombs at the end of the bridge. I'd shouted loudly and he'd skidded to a stop, attempting to turn tail. That's when Shotgun bullets shot out the other side of his legs and he fell to the ground. He cried out for me as he got swallowed in the smoke from the detonated bombs. 

"Medic!" The top of the bridge crumbled on top of him and I ran in blindly, trying to find him. The smoke stung my eyes and I quickly got lost. I turned as my eyes watered. 

"Help!" I cried out, hoping I wouldn't fall off the bridge into the water below. 

I can't remember much about what happened next. I was scooped up by Heavy and the Medic ran past me into the clearing smoke. Scout was buried up to his hips in debris and it didn't take long at all to get him up and out. I was set down back at the base when the Administrator announced our defeat. The other two had returned and in a rush the rest of us fled into our base. It was too late to attempt a lock down, so we'd escaped out the back door and hopped into the truck. Soldier kept hissing something about us being cowards, but we ignored him. We had to. We couldn't go back out there. 

This base. I was told not to get too attached to it. I'd left all my things in there, but Demo had warned me that all we really needed was the clothing on our bodies and a weapon. It was frustrating, but I didn't have a choice. We left our base behind as the BLUs poked their heads out the windows, yelling and cheering in victory.